It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
(male)

hey32g HB User
Anyone With Gallbladder Issues Been on Nutrisystems Recently?

I had a huge gallbladder problem after having been on Nutrisystems. They had a class-action suit against them in the past, and I'm curious to see if this is still an issue?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Anyone With Gallbladder Issues Been on Nutrisystems Recently?

No I have not. However when I lost weight due to a low carb diet I started developing gallbladder symptoms.

It turns out that any rapid weight loss can cause gallbladder problems as the liver releases excess cholesterol and bile, especially as one gets older. To blame it on Nutrisystem specifically is probably a bit weak.

Some specialized weight loss clinics will give patients a prescription for Ursodiol in order to try and prevent gallbladder problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

True - too much or too little fat in a diet are both bad for your gb. Also, NutriSystems - along with some other diet plans - do not distinguish among types of fat. And the original lawsuit was some 20 years ago.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
(female)

Boston01 HB User

yes I did. I think it was about 3 years ago. I'll have to check. I was on the diet for approximately 2 months and one day after eating one of their lunches, I suffered an attack that was so dibilitating I couldn't breathe. I called my sister to take me to a walk in clinic and they sent me for an ultrasound. apparently I had tons of little stones in my gallbladder. The Dr said removing it was not a big deal, but I believe if something is there, it serves a purpose, so I decided not to remove the entire gallbladder until this became a real problem. I have not had an attack since. I was not aware there was a link with gallbladder problems and nutrisystem, however today I saw a celebrity is suing Jenny Craig for the same reason, which prompted me to check if there is a link with Nutrisystem. I wonder if the stones will go away in time now that I don't eat that crap!

Reply Reply