It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #31
(female)

Gini123 HB User
Re: Two days post gall bladder surgery

That is awesome! gives me hope.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #32
(male)

GeovanniFlux HB User

Hi, I've been following your posts. After 10years of nexium use (half dosage) for acid reflux I began feeling what I thought was heartburn again so tried tecta, prevacid, dexilant, tums, baking soda, gaviscon & zantac. Nothing works. Heartburn feeling 24/7. After a 2 week wait for an appointment my doctor concluded my problem was related to late dinners & having some cigarettes after quitting (causing my body to go into a gastric acid rebound) 2 weeks later with no caffeine, smoke, alcohol or anything unhealthy it still persists. No relief. I'm freaking out! A constant burning/tingling feeling in my chest up to neck. It's been going on so long I can no longer tell if it's actually heartburn. I've been suspecting gallbladder issues but my doctor says I'm not 'tender' for it to be related. I'm going back for a physical in a few days and would like to demand an ultrasound for the gallbladder, barium xray for the esophagus and stomach as well as a scope. Since the wait is longer for a scope thought I'd ask for what's more readily available. I'm explaining all this to you because I read in your previous posts how nothing was working for your symptoms and then 'boom' you were it hit with the emergency gallbladder operation. Was it your gallbladder all along? Has the awful pressured burning feeling stopped? Your reply is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Geovanni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #33
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User

I believe mine was gall bladder all along, and I believe the PPI's made it worse. My gall bladder was not sore to the touch. It also did not show up on ultrasound or CT scan. I would ask your doctor for a HIDA scan. Quickest way to find a gall bladder problem, and that's how mine was finally diagnosed. Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

Reply Reply