HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Gallbladder (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/gallbladder/)
-   -   90% Ejection Fraction with symptoms but normal? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/gallbladder/915239-90-ejection-fraction-symptoms-but-normal.html)

Skygirl737 08-22-2012 06:02 PM

90% Ejection Fraction with symptoms but normal?

Hello, I am new to this board. I'm 46 years old. I am physically fit, eat very healthy and have no health issues other than I have had debilitating nausea/queasiness off and on for about 7 years. At first it seemed as though it was cyclic, however it then presented itself at other times as well. It has in the last few years gotten worse. In May I was sick for 19 days straight. When I'm sick, I feel like I've been poisoned. It's like the worse case of morning sickness in the world however I don't vomit. I am starting to have pain in my URQ area that radiates towards my back. I also am starting to notice that I have shortness of breath after I eat as well as pain. I have had so many tests and everything comes back normal, however I recently had a hyda scan and it showed that my ejection fraction was 90%. I saw my GI doctor and he said that high ejection fractions are rare but normal however with my long history of symptoms he referred me to a surgeon whom I saw today and he said that 90% was normal also. He said that they only consider gallbladder issues if it's below 35%. I am so frustrated! Has anyone else had a high ejection fraction with symptoms and if so what if anything did you do? I would love to find a GI doctor that believed this could be a problematic gallbladder issue and take it this thing out!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Leesa

Titchou 08-22-2012 06:09 PM

Re: 90% Ejection Fraction with symptoms but normal?

Above 75% it should come out. I guess you'll have to ask around to find someone but several folks here have had high ej's and gotten theirs removed. Hopefully they'll have some ideas.

Skygirl737 08-22-2012 07:07 PM

Thank you for replying. I have read some articles, not many, that say this as well. Do you have reference to any info that states this? I am trying to gather as much information as I can. I also hope that I can find a doctor or a surgeon that agrees. Once again thank you of replying and I hope others with this do also.

Titchou 08-22-2012 07:31 PM

Just what I've learned here, online and from my surgeon. Maybe someone else will weigh in.

Skygirl737 08-22-2012 07:38 PM

Your surgeon believes this as well? The surgeon I saw today thought it was 'rare' but perfectly normal. :( Can you share your surgeons info with me on here? Thanks!

Titchou 08-23-2012 03:52 AM

I had mine out 7 years ago and he's no longe practicing. I'd talk with my PCP and jsut explain the situation. Maybe he will know of someone.

Skygirl737 08-23-2012 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=Titchou;5044250]I had mine out 7 years ago and he's no longe practicing. I'd talk with my PCP and jsut explain the situation. Maybe he will know of someone.[/QUOTE]

Thank you and trust me I have seen many, many doctors. I have even been to the Mayo Clinic. All the doctors seem baffled by my illness. It's been a very frustrating journey to say the least.

elisastudio 09-22-2012 04:56 PM

did you ever get your gallblaldder removed?