It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

Skygirl737 HB User
Unhappy 90% Ejection Fraction with symptoms but normal?

Hello, I am new to this board. I'm 46 years old. I am physically fit, eat very healthy and have no health issues other than I have had debilitating nausea/queasiness off and on for about 7 years. At first it seemed as though it was cyclic, however it then presented itself at other times as well. It has in the last few years gotten worse. In May I was sick for 19 days straight. When I'm sick, I feel like I've been poisoned. It's like the worse case of morning sickness in the world however I don't vomit. I am starting to have pain in my URQ area that radiates towards my back. I also am starting to notice that I have shortness of breath after I eat as well as pain. I have had so many tests and everything comes back normal, however I recently had a hyda scan and it showed that my ejection fraction was 90%. I saw my GI doctor and he said that high ejection fractions are rare but normal however with my long history of symptoms he referred me to a surgeon whom I saw today and he said that 90% was normal also. He said that they only consider gallbladder issues if it's below 35%. I am so frustrated! Has anyone else had a high ejection fraction with symptoms and if so what if anything did you do? I would love to find a GI doctor that believed this could be a problematic gallbladder issue and take it this thing out!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Leesa

Old 08-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: 90% Ejection Fraction with symptoms but normal?

Above 75% it should come out. I guess you'll have to ask around to find someone but several folks here have had high ej's and gotten theirs removed. Hopefully they'll have some ideas.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Skygirl737 (08-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
(female)

Skygirl737 HB User

Thank you for replying. I have read some articles, not many, that say this as well. Do you have reference to any info that states this? I am trying to gather as much information as I can. I also hope that I can find a doctor or a surgeon that agrees. Once again thank you of replying and I hope others with this do also.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Just what I've learned here, online and from my surgeon. Maybe someone else will weigh in.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
(female)

Skygirl737 HB User

Your surgeon believes this as well? The surgeon I saw today thought it was 'rare' but perfectly normal. Can you share your surgeons info with me on here? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

I had mine out 7 years ago and he's no longe practicing. I'd talk with my PCP and jsut explain the situation. Maybe he will know of someone.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
(female)

Skygirl737 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I had mine out 7 years ago and he's no longe practicing. I'd talk with my PCP and jsut explain the situation. Maybe he will know of someone.
Thank you and trust me I have seen many, many doctors. I have even been to the Mayo Clinic. All the doctors seem baffled by my illness. It's been a very frustrating journey to say the least.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
(female)

elisastudio HB User

did you ever get your gallblaldder removed?

Reply Reply