It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
(female)

julieo58 HB User
pain after surgery

I had surgery 2 and one half weeks ago. Now when I walk or sit I feel a sharp pain around where the gallbladder was remnoved. It feels like something is moving and then a little stab.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: pain after surgery

Have you had your 2 week check up yet? What did your surgeon have to say about this pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
(male)

sandeepsohal HB User

I would like to know for which reason you have to go for surgery?
Then only one can suggest some home made remedies for your Pain.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
(female)

DDinCA HB User

Is the pain getting less and less? I hope so.

Just because the outer part of our body heals at the 10 to 14 day mark, doesn't mean our insides are back to normal.

There's a reason why we need to let our bodies heal for a good six weeks after surgery, and why doctors tell us to walk and not run.

I've found lots of great information on these boards to help with my own recovery. Everyone heals at different rates and there's a big difference between going back to work at a desk job and having a job that requires more athletic prowess, like standing all day.

It's been almost 5 weeks since my gall bladder removal, and every day it gets a little bit better, I feel stronger, and less pain on the inside. I'm not quite pain free, but getting there.

Hoping you are well on your way!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
(female)

DakotaDreatime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieo58 View Post
I had surgery 2 and one half weeks ago. Now when I walk or sit I feel a sharp pain around where the gallbladder was remnoved. It feels like something is moving and then a little stab.

hi , i had mine out sept 28th. i have same discomfort and a bit of pain in the same area. I had this before the surgery,so have not thught too much about it hmmm, i have been putting it down to inscssor pain as one of the wounds is in that area. i need to make my follow up appointent

Reply Reply