It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

honorcourage HB User
Does this sound like gallbladder?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Over the last few weeks I have had a pain (not intense) on the right side under my ribs that goes around to my right flank and back. I also have days where I am VERY tired. Last night that pain came back on the right side (mostly in my back) and then around 3 am I woke up with an intense burning pain about 3 inches above my belly button (maybe slightly to the right). The pain only lasted for a few seconds and I was able to fall back to sleep. Not to be gross...but another symptom I've been having is yellowish stools and more frequent stools.

Does this sound like a gallbladder issue?

THANKS!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
(female)

DDinCA HB User
Re: Does this sound like gallbladder?

Did it feel like an alien baby was trying to laser it's way out of you, just underneath your rib cage? Have you had symptoms that feel like heartburn, that never really go away, or linger? Do you feel like you need a little something in your tummy, but when you eat a lot you're just miserable?

Seriously, I just went through this. And yup, it was the gall bladder. The yellowish and more frequent stools are also a big hint.

It can be many things ... but that intense burning pain is a big signal that it's time to get it checked out. Please get yourself to a doctor.

Take care.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

DDinCA HB User

Did it feel like an alien baby was trying to laser it's way out of you, just underneath your rib cage? Have you had symptoms that feel like heartburn, that never really go away, or linger? Do you feel like you need a little something in your tummy, but when you eat a lot you're just miserable?

Seriously, I just went through this. And yup, it was the gall bladder. The yellowish and more frequent stools are also a big hint.

It can be many things ... but that intense burning pain is a big signal that it's time to get it checked out. Please get yourself to a doctor.

Take care.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
(female)

honorcourage HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDinCA View Post

Take care.
YES - it totally feels like there is an alien baby in there LOL! I don't have heartburn all that much though. And yes...it feels better when I eat but I can't eat too much! I have a Dr. appt this Wednesday so we'll see! I'm wondering if it is the gallbladder and I do have it taken out...will the energy come back??

Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
(female)

DDinCA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorcourage View Post
YES - it totally feels like there is an alien baby in there LOL! I don't have heartburn all that much though. And yes...it feels better when I eat but I can't eat too much! I have a Dr. appt this Wednesday so we'll see! I'm wondering if it is the gallbladder and I do have it taken out...will the energy come back??
Great question. Mine came back after my body wasn't fighting a non-working organ and all the pain. I'm even sleeping better. :-)

In the meantime, check out the thread about "two days after surgery" and follow some of the eating guidelines while you wait.

I found unlike others, that diet soda really helped me. I needed to burp and it would clear the pain for awhile. :-)

Avoid fats *low fat if you must*, avoid alcoholic beverages, and when it doubt, leave it out of the mouth. If you can get in some easy to digest veggies, it may help turn your poops greener.

Seriously, think about what goes in and how it's going to taste if you have to puke it up. That will aim you to a blander diet while you wait for the doc. Drink lots of water, de-caf drinks worked for me, too, even diet root beer and clear soda.

You might even try putting another pillow underneath you, as if you were just treating a case of heartburn, to help you sleep.

Lots of people fight a failed gall bladder through diet and exercise. However, when there's pain involved, it usually means somethings too far amiss, like a gall stone, and a medical intervention is required. Yay for setting up a doc appointment.

Not to scare you... however, if you keep having that stabbing pain, if you get blood in your stools, feel dizzy or dehydrated, or just feel worse, a trip to the ER may be what your doctor orders. (Let someone else drive.)

Take care.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
(female)

glove9298 HB User

I have also had yellow bowel movements for 2 weeks now and lots of burning in my stomach. I am going for a colon and endoscopy in 2 weeks.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
(female)

omaof2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorcourage View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Over the last few weeks I have had a pain (not intense) on the right side under my ribs that goes around to my right flank and back. I also have days where I am VERY tired. Last night that pain came back on the right side (mostly in my back) and then around 3 am I woke up with an intense burning pain about 3 inches above my belly button (maybe slightly to the right). The pain only lasted for a few seconds and I was able to fall back to sleep. Not to be gross...but another symptom I've been having is yellowish stools and more frequent stools.

Does this sound like a gallbladder issue?

THANKS!
Sounds like gall bladder all right. I called a health nurse when I was having my last attack. She advised me to lay down with a heating pad and I found it helpful. Some people also get relief with drinking apple cider vinegar diluted with apple juice or water. There is a website called Earth Clinic that has helpful home remedy hints while we wait for medical help.

Last edited by omaof2; 09-30-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling error

Reply Reply