It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

herbalmama HB User
first post... gallbladder??

Hi, this is my first post here. I've been having digestive troubles since I was a child. Now I'm having pain on my right side. It seems to be related to gallbladder but I want some input from you. Mine is more of a moderate pinching pain. I would say that it's bearable but horribly uncomfortable. And I'm scared. Really scared. I lose weight so easily and that causes more problems for me. Can someone help. Give me some words of comfort and support. I get totally freaked out! I did binge on fun foods lately. Is this the price I have to pay? Will it get better as long as I watch my diet? I had some pain several years ago and a gallbladder ultrasound was done. Showed nothing wrong. Please help me! Thanks.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: first post... gallbladder??

Havve another ultrasound. If that's negative, have a HIDA scan. If that shows a function rate below 35% - or above 75% - you need to have it out. There is nothing to be scared about unless you ignore this and it becomes infected and ruptures. That's why checking it out now is best.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
herbalmama (11-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: first post... gallbladder??

Gallbladder disease often manifests itself through nausea and weight loss along with changes in bowel movements such as diarrhea and light colored stool. Then you may develop intermittent pain under the ribs, in the back and in the shoulder.

The ultrasound will detect gallstones, but it will not show "sludge", aka microcrystals about the size of sand that will go on to form stones. The sludge acts like sand in a sack and can lead to pain and other symptoms.

You can eat a no fat diet to decrease the symptoms, but it will not cure the disease. In most cases once you have gallbladder disease you are stuck with it and eventually having your gallbladder removed.

Be careful about falling for quack cures on the internet, most have no basis in reality.

The Following User Says Thank You to Collector167 For This Useful Post:
herbalmama (11-02-2012)
Reply Reply