It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
(male)

Kwig2121 HB User
Exercising After Gallbladder surgery

Hello board members, I am a new poster, very glad to be here.

I recently had Gallbladder removal laproscopically on October 26th 2012. I was diagnosed via a cat scan, due to some tightness I felt in the back area about 2 months ago.

At the time of my operation, I had no abdominal or pain from my gallbladder. It was not inflamed or infected. I had never had an attack. But once the stones were found via a CAT scan, I immediately opted for surgery.

I view myself to be in very good shape, as I'm very athletic. I'm also a choir director, and an avid weekly bowler.

It has been 13 days since my surgery. I have had no pain, no diarrhea, no vomiting, I've held down all my foods and have no pain whatsoever in my abdomen.

On Sunday, I directed my choir for 2 hrs, with no pain or cramping as a result.

My question is should I bowl on tomorrow? The lifting limit is 10-14lbs which is within the limit of the ball I throw. I feel absolutely great, but summons some outside opinions.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Exercising After Gallbladder surgery

Hmmm...I jogged 2 miles a week after having mine out but didn't work out or lift for 3 weeks. If you are bowling in a league, I'd get a sub. If just going to fun, you could try a few balls and see how it goes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Kwig2121 (11-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
(female)

asorge HB User
Re: Exercising After Gallbladder surgery

I wouldn't, just to err on the conservative side. My surgeon said for the first 2 weeks, no lifting anything (jug of milk would be too much). After that, he said no HEAVY lifting for 4-6 wks.

I found that even when my pain was pretty much gone a few weeks after my surgery, lifting even a moderate amount, or twisting in a weird way, would cause some twinges of pain. Probably nothing, but why risk it.

The following user gives a hug of support to asorge:
Kwig2121 (11-28-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to asorge For This Useful Post:
Kwig2121 (11-28-2012)
Reply Reply