It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

nicolefiore90 HB User
Gallbladder Pain

Hi I am a 22 year old female. I originally posted in the thyroid board because I was having nausea and vomiting. I have a thyroid problem and am on .75MCg of synthroid. I was in the ER Thursday night because I could not take the pain I had crazy pain in my right side and my food felt like it had been sitting my stomach all day. They did an ultra sound and found no stones but they tested my urine and it came back with a UTI so they did not do a CAT scan and sent me on my way with pain meds and a antibiotic I did not have time to get them filled that not and already had a doctor appointment sched. for Friday morning since I thought I had a thyroid issue. My doctor said that they gave me a prescription for a medicine I am allergic to thank goodness I did not get it filled. Any who she said until my UTI goes away she can not tell what is going on with my gallbladder and possibly kidneys. I am in killer pain and I DO NOT want to go back to the ER since they where so NOT helpful. I am thinking about calling my doctor and maybe a surgeon my friend recommended. I feel like my food will not digest and I think I had a gallbladder attack last night.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gallbladder Pain

I'm not sure I understand why your doctor said that other than having a UTI may complicate things. An ultrasound would be called for to determine if you have stones or sludge or thickening of the gb lining. If that comes back negative, then a HIDA scan to test for function is the appropriate test. In the meantime, EAT NO FAT! That is what causes gb attacks. Hope you get resolution soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply