It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
(female)

Puzzlepiece6410 HB User
Question opinions please do I get my gallbladder out or not?

I am 28 yrs old I have been having lot of pain in the upper right abdominal area for about 3 months and its just getting worse did ct scans with contrast and they were normal ultrasound showed some sludge in the gb hida scan was normal endoscopy showed several little ulcers so the gi put me on medication for those but the pain just keeps getting worse and its under my ribs on the right and has moved up into my shoulder area and back between my shoulder blades. General surgeon is willing to take my gb out but says I really need to think about it being the hida scan showed a normal functioning gb and that the endoscopy showed ulcers, but I dont know what to decide because the pain gets so bad I can hardly eat without feeling pain, and have been taking norcos for the pain but it only helps a little. Can anyone please give me their opinion? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: opinions please do I get my gallbladder out or not?

what was your score on the HIDA scan?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
(female)

Puzzlepiece6410 HB User

They didnt give me a score just told me its normal!

Old 11-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, you need to ask for the exact score. Do not ever take "normal" for a test result. Always as for a copy of the test results so that you know exactly what your numbers are. This applies to any test you have. You want to see what the lab considers normal as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Puzzlepiece6410 (11-22-2012)
Reply Reply