It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

cpistachio HB User
Question Stone... nausea and fullness but no pain??

Hi! I have been dealing with fullness in my upper abdomen and nausea most evenings for a long time now. I was sent for a ultrasound of my gallbladder and it came back showing I have stones. So they sent me for a consult with a surgeon and he says I probably should have it taken out. I keep reading that most people that have gallbladder problems have pain. I don't have pain...just that fullness and nausea. It obviously has bothered me enough to get me to go to the doc, but I'm worried that I may be taking out my gallbladder for no reason. I don't want to be removing organs for no good reason. So did any of you have just fullness and nausea. And do you all think it would be wise of me to just get it removed?? Thanks and I appreciate any advice!!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
(female)

rdyrmsg HB User
Re: Stone..nausea and fullness but no pain??

Hi! Same symptoms couple of years ago. NO PAIN! Not for almost a year, even though I was down to eating crackers and water - slowly! NO PAIN! Docs Kept trying to say it was my heart - - -wasn't. Finally after couple of trips to ER so nauseous I couldn't even stand up - - - Got a doc who did an ultrasound! Stones, lots of them. Had gall bladder removed within 72 hours. Been absolutely fine since. Do with that what you will.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

Ldeppect08 HB User
Re: Stone..nausea and fullness but no pain??

They probably are saying that because stones can present problems later even if there is no pain now. Stones can move and get lodged in the common bile duct, causing bile to build up in the gallbladder and that can bring on an acute attack, which is INCREDIBLY painful. Other problems can happen because of that too, like pancreatitis and liver issues.
And usually once the gallbladder produces stones, things tend to go downhill instead of getting better. In my own opinion, the nausea alone would be enough of a reason once stones were found and provided an explanation for the nausea to go ahead and have it removed.
I hope this helps, and I hope you start to feel better.

Reply Reply