It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
(female)

jorama HB User
Re: Surgery on 11/30 - Im scared!

Hi Wendy I was wondering how you were feeling post surgery. Tomorrow I go for my endoscopy and I am scared. I also go to the surgeon as well. This ordeal has taken a toll on me and I lost 10lbs which I did not need. I look awful and I dont know how I am going to gain it back expecially if I need surgery I probably will lose more weight. I cant stand the anxiety and stress anymore. Just needed to vent!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening

Old 12-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
(female)

wendya2J HB User
Smile Re: Surgery on 11/30 - Im scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorama View Post
Hi Wendy I was wondering how you were feeling post surgery. Tomorrow I go for my endoscopy and I am scared. I also go to the surgeon as well. This ordeal has taken a toll on me and I lost 10lbs which I did not need. I look awful and I dont know how I am going to gain it back expecially if I need surgery I probably will lose more weight. I cant stand the anxiety and stress anymore. Just needed to vent!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening
Hey Friend, its okay. The endoscopy was scarey for me too - but didnt hurt at all. They put me in lala land and when I woke up it was done. For me it was the HIDA scan that saved my butt - lol....my endoscopy showed GERD and gastritis. The anxiety and stress has taken a toll on me too - so much in fact, that I have noticed that Im becoming a different person, which I dont like at all - so I have an appointment on Monday to see someone to help me learn how to deal better with that. 2012 has been terrible for our family and Im just ready for it to be over!!

I'll say a prayer for you tonight, for peace and answers. Please let me know how it goes - I dont mind listening to a vent at all!!! Keep venting to help with the stress, thats what we are here for!!!!!!!

I am battling nausea big time, but that has been one of my issues from the very beginning. At this point, I truely have a food fobia and I (unlike you) have lost a lot of weight that I can afford to lose, and dont want to gain it all back!!!! So I know that is adding into my stress as well. Oh dear.....I am so thankful for these boards so we can encourage and help each other!! Other than the nausea, I've been running a low grade (100) fever, but my paperwork says not to worry unless its 101, so just a little achey and tired. BUt my incisions and stuff dont hurt much at all!! YAY!!!!

I am here to hold your hand through this my friend!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
(female)

jorama HB User

Hi Wendy, I had my endoscopy today which turned out to be no big deal. I had my surgical consult too and I am scheduled for surgery on Jan 7th. Keep me updated on your progress please. If I have anymore questions I will let you know. Take care and I hope you are feeling better day by day.

The following user gives a hug of support to jorama:
wendya2J (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
(female)

wendya2J HB User

Quote:
Hi Wendy, I had my endoscopy today which turned out to be no big deal. I had my surgical consult too and I am scheduled for surgery on Jan 7th. Keep me updated on your progress please. If I have anymore questions I will let you know. Take care and I hope you are feeling better day by day.
So glad you came through it all and are getting some answers.

I still am having a lot of trouble with eating and food. Im a little discouraged today, but hoping maybe I overdid it physically? I rode the exercise bike, played with the dog outside for an hour, did laundry (hubby carried it to the washer for me), cleaned out the pantry and did some sewing....just not sure whats up.....???? I just pray its that Im still in recovery mode!!! Please???? I wish you could have your surgery sooner to get it over with!!!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

had my surgery two days ago and also stayed the night. Feeling pretty good today. The pain meds they prescribed made me itch so I started motrin today. So far, so good. I have a 5 week old baby so this has been a challenge from the beginning for me.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
(female)

wendya2J HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly Kelly View Post
had my surgery two days ago and also stayed the night. Feeling pretty good today. The pain meds they prescribed made me itch so I started motrin today. So far, so good. I have a 5 week old baby so this has been a challenge from the beginning for me.
Oh my - a tiny baby at home too!!! Whew - I wish you a VERY speedy recovery!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
(female)

wendya2J HB User

I am really having difficulty with eating - I did presurgery as well, but things have gotten worse. Since saturday night, I have had severe nausea and "d" with lots of trips to the bathroom - I dont think I've ever felt this bad before!!!! I cant even drink water. Went to the GP today, and I love him, but all he did was say try to drink and eat, lots of people have this afterwards, and it will be okay very soon....I am super dehydrated, my lips are cracking, my mouth is so dry as is my skin. I guess Im ok if he says so???? He said I should call if things get worse - but what the heck would worse be? vomitting? fever? Im not sure????

Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #23
(female)

jorama HB User

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad post surgery. What are you trying to eat? Are you still on pain meds? I hope this resolves soon, cause I had severe nausea a few weeks ago so bad that I could not eat a thing. Maybe you should talk to your GI dr. about this, maybe he can help you more than your regular dr. Keep me posted. My prayers are with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #24
(female)

wendya2J HB User

Quote:
I am so sorry you are feeling so bad post surgery. What are you trying to eat? Are you still on pain meds? I hope this resolves soon, cause I had severe nausea a few weeks ago so bad that I could not eat a thing. Maybe you should talk to your GI dr. about this, maybe he can help you more than your regular dr. Keep me posted. My prayers are with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have tried saltines, applesauce, plain noodles, toast, plain chicken, plain potato....water....sip of gatoraid disagreed with me immediately, as did a bite of soft pretzel.....

I stopped taking the pain meds on Thursday - but am still taking the phenergan for nausea (even doubled it the past 2 days!).....Is the Dr missing something? Am I just so dehydrated I feel this way????? I just dont know???? I dont have alot of faith in my GI doc, he seemed to just order tests and then passed me on to the surgeon - lol....

Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #25
(female)

jorama HB User

omg, this doesnt make sense! There has to be an answer somewhere through all of this. I wish I could help you... I didnt even have my surgery yet! Maybe post another thread of your symptoms and some other people could help you. Good Luck.... I wish you well. Keep me posted I am very concerned for you.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #26
(female)

wendya2J HB User

I think part of my issue is that no one is looking at me as a whole person. I havent honestly been eating much since mid August, and 80lbs is alot to loose since then. I have loved all my Drs (well, only liked GI doc) but still not sure they are looking at the whole picture of what has been going on over time. Im sure you will do well!!! Keep your chin up!!!!!

Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
(female)

jorama HB User

Hi Wendy, Just checking in to see how you are feeling, I sure hope you are feeling better!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #28
(female)

wendya2J HB User

Well,,,,,,,,,

I have a big piece of advice for everyone - make sure you DRINK DRINK DRINK that water!!!

I spent the last 2 days back in the hospital...just got home now, went in early Tuesday morning.

I was having such bad bowel issues (ewww) and just was so nauseated that I wasnt drinking or eating. And honestly, my nutrition hasnt been great over the past 4 months of this journey, so I think I went into surgery at a deficit, got some relief from fluids after surgery(I stayed 1 night) felt okay for the first few days home and then began the landslide!!!

They did bloodwork and another ultrasound to make sure there wasnt something hiding, lol, but it was the dehydration and nausea that got me to spend 2 nights....lol....they wanted to keep me longer, but really, they were just pumping me full of fluids and asking me how I felt, so I really didnt feel I needed to stay longer!!!! I had to promise to continue to drink, and they asked me to drink a supplement called "Breeze". Its a clear drink, with no lactose. Although the surgeon said I can eat what I want so I learn how my body react, now isnt the time to do that since I've had a tough time - but they recommended lay off lactose for a week or so and do low fat.

So.....how's everyone else doing?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Sorry you were in the hospital and glad you are feeling better now.

I feel great for 10 days after surgery. I do get loose bowels if I eat too much fat, specifically, anything with butter in it. I am trying to eat low fat yet.

My annoying hurdle has been itching! I first experienced itching thanks to the pain meds I was prescribed. And now, I am having a reaction to the steri-strips they used over my incisions. The strips are off of me and I am still itcing like crazy in those area. Doc said to use cream and benedryl. Benedryl isn't an option since it knocks me out and I have a baby to take care of. I know this is minor and will go away, but when the rest of me is feeling great, having to itch itch itch all the time is really wearing on me!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #30
(female)

wendya2J HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly Kelly View Post
Sorry you were in the hospital and glad you are feeling better now.

I feel great for 10 days after surgery. I do get loose bowels if I eat too much fat, specifically, anything with butter in it. I am trying to eat low fat yet.

My annoying hurdle has been itching! I first experienced itching thanks to the pain meds I was prescribed. And now, I am having a reaction to the steri-strips they used over my incisions. The strips are off of me and I am still itcing like crazy in those area. Doc said to use cream and benedryl. Benedryl isn't an option since it knocks me out and I have a baby to take care of. I know this is minor and will go away, but when the rest of me is feeling great, having to itch itch itch all the time is really wearing on me!
Can you try the benadryl lotion/cream? or there is even a spray? And, in the hospital where I work, we put milk of magnesia on skin when they have sensative skin or an allergic reaction to therapeutic taping (you know, like all the olympic atheletes used this past year).....worth a try????

Im still having a hard time with eating anything and am wondering if really there is another issue and the gallbladder just got discovered through the testing??? Any thoughts anyone?

Reply Reply