It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #31
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Surgery on 11/30 - Im scared!

You should lay off the fat for at least 2-3 weeks or longer if you can. And then SLOWLY introduce it - like a small pat of butter on your baked potato.

Also you might try zyrtec instead of the benedryl. It's good for rashes.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Oh, I am staying off fat. I am actually doing better each day. I really have no complaints in that that dept.

I am still itchy, and used Benadryl cream. Can try the Milk of Mag, if we have it, worth a shot.

Zyrtec also makes me a space zombie. I must be really sensitive to drugs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #33
(female)

kataay17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendya2J View Post
Please please please - feel free to ask any questions at all!!! I would be happy to answer them - as would anyone else here!!! I hope they can give you a clear answer and get your surgery scheduled very quickly so you can be out of your misery!!!!!!
Hi there, I just found out my gallbladder is functioning at 1%. I'm absolutely terrified of the surgery. I'm a healthy 21 year old and I'm not sure why all of this is happening. I find out if I'm getting my gallbladder taken out February 1, but I most likely will have it removed. I have anxiety about most things and this surgery is freaking me out. I've read that some people feel worse after. Any advice or calming words?

Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #34
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It's very common in females leading many to think hormones may have some part in it. Or you may have too much or too little fat in your diet. It's no big deal. For 99% of people this is a simple, no long lasting side effects proposition.

I had mine out and jogged 2 miles a week later - at age 59. I've not had any issues and only personally know a couple of people who have - and both of them because they refused to eat low fat immediately after the surgery.

Now some do have other issues that make things problematic but am sure your doctor will go over any of them that you may have...or you can ask. Seriously, ask around. Am sure you know people who've had theirs out!

Reply Reply