It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

cpistachio HB User
Ultrasound showed a stone. MRI showed sludge?

Hi again! So I had an ultrasound done of my gallbladder and it showed I had stones. Then I had an MRI done of my liver because the ultrasound of my gallbladder showed I had a spot on my liver. So I get the MRI results and it noted that I have sludge in my liver but it didn't say anything about a stone. I'm just a bit confused. I am scheduled to have my gallbladder removed on Dec 14th. I'm just nervous I'm making the wrong decision by taken it out. What do you all think? Thanks!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Ultrasound showed a stone. MRI showed sludge?

Not sure why you think it's a wrong decision. You are evidently having problems. You at the least had a stone at some point and still have sludge that can form a stone. I'd have it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
(female)

Lsmisserable HB User
Re: Ultrasound showed a stone. MRI showed sludge?

It does seem like a big decision because of all the controversy over the issue . I had mild symptoms but just felt ill . I had 6 stones and an infected gallbladder and I am 4 days post op . Most of the ppl I talked to said you will be so glad you did it . Well right here and now I'm not real happy about how I'm feeling , call me a baby but I'm sick ! But I look at it as if I had left it alone things would only get worse , it's not going to go away and fix itself . Just maybe go into it realizing not everyone has a spectacular recovery , that way when things are super good for you , you will be much happier ! The best of luck to you and don't let that crappy organ get worse !

Reply Reply