It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

jlh77 HB User
Question biliary dyskinesia maybe?

Hello all! This is my first post, although I've read many, many threads in this topic! Here's my story.

I'm a 35 year old female, 5'3, 150 lbs, and I've been having issues off an on since early November. At that point, I started having many symptoms of referred pain from the gallbladder.... intermittent pain in the right chest area and pain in shoulder and neck area. I was also having back pain on the middle right side. I thought I was having muscular/skeletal issues, and after about 10 days the pain pretty much subsided.

Fast forward four weeks....the pains returned and I noticed a dull pain in the right flank area. It almost felt like a bruised area, but it didn't and hasn't gone away. I also noticed that I was burping very frequently after eating most meals. Also, the chest pain I was having turned into a dull pain in the RUQ, but it only happened occasionally. I visited my PCP, and she thought it was either acid reflux or gallbladder issues. That was a few weeks ago. Since then, I've had the same symptoms and I've also started getting headaches every few days. The headaches are mostly on the right side.

All of my blood work came back normal, and today I had an u/s showing no gallstones. I have a HIDA scan set up for Friday morning, and I'll be interested to see the results.

I started thinking back to my mid-back pain on the right side, and I realized I've had it ever since my first daughter was born in April 2009. I also realized that I've been having diarrhea a few hours after eating very greasy meals (like take-out pizza) for well over a year. Lately, I will have diarrhea or loose stool 2-4 times a day (sometimes more if a very greasy meal). I'm not sure the increase is due to current issues or stress from not knowing what's going on!

Since some of you have heard many stories related to the gallbladder, I appreciate your input. Sound like biliary dyskinesia to you?

Last edited by jlh77; 01-08-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: more info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: biliary dyskinesia maybe?

Very probably gallbladder problems. The HIDA scan should determine that. Below 35% function and it needs to come out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
jlh77 (01-09-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
(female)

jlh77 HB User

I had my HIDA today, and I got the results this afternoon. My gallbladder is functioning at 2%. I almost couldn't believe the doctor when she told me; that is so low! Needless to say, I am meeting with a surgeon next week.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Oh my! That's really low. Yes, time to have it out. Keep us posted.

Reply Reply