It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
(male)

ckment HB User
ultrasound shows many stones

After suffering for nearly 2 years with what GP suggested was gastritis..and we thought perhaps peptic ulcer/hpylori and did tripple therapy without remediation..and diet without fats/eggs/etc..01/22 saw a skilled Gastro at PAMF..without a lot of physical examination but plenty of questions he said "get a gall bladder ultra sound done now" no need yet for other tests. 01/24 Did the USound, it illustrated the gall bladder full of stones some 2 to 3mm and with sludge. 01/25 dr called He recommends removal. I am in the process of evaluating surgery centers and surgeons as we are uninsured therefore $ prudent. The only symptoms are gastritis symptoms and usually within 2 to 3 hours after meals. Some meals seem to not to enter the small intestine...a swallow or two of hot coffee seems to help..within minutes. I began taking chanca piedra 500mg yesterday Saturday the 26th and will continue until 4 or 5 days prior to surgery day. Anyone else have these symptoms, confirmed stones, and or have taken chanca piedra? thanks.. one more bit of info on 10/30/10 had a CT (not for gall bladder) that showed
only "sludge" in GB and weight was 124lbs now 95lbs.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

hsmum HB User
Re: ultrasound shows many stones

Yes, I had gastritis symptoms for three years before having my gallbladder removed. Never took the supplement you mentioned, though. Keep in mind that on CT many stones attenuate just like bile so they are hard to see; ultrasound is a more definitive test for the presence of stones. Gastritis symptoms, a positive ultrasound and weight loss are all big clues for gallbladder removal. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
(male)

ckment HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmum View Post
Yes, I had gastritis symptoms for three years before having my gallbladder removed. Never took the supplement you mentioned, though. Keep in mind that on CT many stones attenuate just like bile so they are hard to see; ultrasound is a more definitive test for the presence of stones. Gastritis symptoms, a positive ultrasound and weight loss are all big clues for gallbladder removal. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
(male)

ckment HB User

your correct on all counts. Met with surgeon..will have removed but with huge caution. Surg Center is least expensive but if they enter via lappy and cannot find their way around adhesions...transport to hospital,ER, and open surgery..can cost
plus $30K or more than Surg Cen. Wife had abdominal surgery in 2010 thus the "concern"...must make decision tomorrow..Hospital/Surg Center...Hosp is X3 but if they go to open surgery...no transporting, and already with anethesologist in anticipation..dr is skilled in both procedures. Fee higer of course. Think Hosp setting for best outcome in spite of $. we are uninsured.

Last edited by ckment; 01-31-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: error

Reply Reply