It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

Hawreck HB User
Unhappy HELP!!! Gallbladder Issues.

Hi. I desperately need advice on what to do about my low functioning gallbladder and as quickly as possible. I have been having "issues" for the past year but 2 weeks ago I had a severe gallbladder attack that sent me to the emergency room. I honestly eat a pretty balanced healthy diet and exercise regularly. But since then I have not been able to eat even an ounce of fat. I have had only raw fruits and veggies and a tiny bit of whole grains and sometimes those have even caused problems. I have been nauseous and in pain almost everyday since and am totally exhausted. I am 24 years old and in the past two weeks have lost about 8 lbs. I now weigh 139lbs. I had an ultrasound done and I had no stones and no serious inflammation at the time. I next had a hida scan done and my gallbladder is only functioning at 7%. The surgeon of course wants me to have it removed. I know that the gallbladder serves a purpose so I have seen a nutritionist and also a holistic Doctor. So far nothing has worked. I have not tried a cleanse because I was told there was no need due to the lack of stones. Also, because it is so low functioning if I were to cleanse it, it may cause another attack. I really don't want to have it removed unless I really have to but I am in so much pain and not sure if I should wait to see if it gets better. Could I be really hurting myself if I don't get it removed? Any advice is welcome. Oh, and my Mom, Aunt, Uncle, and Great Grandmother have all had theirs removed. THANKS!

Last edited by Hawreck; 02-23-2013 at 12:20 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Hawreck:
sjb (02-23-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: HELP!!! Gallbladder Issues.

Greetings Hawreck! Welcome to the General Health boards! This is not a promise of cure only something to try, when there is pain a mint leaf held under the tongue and a bit of gentle chewing on it could be tried. Then also lemon and apple are said to help with gall stones. Perhaps it will help the functioning of the liver also which is also closely connected to this organ. Maybe pineapple, papaya, green vegetables, daikon radishes and black beans are useful providing enzymes useful to organs of digestion. Cherries and turmeric are said to be anti-inflammatory. I would study this organ and things that benefit it.

Since bile is a fluid water drinking in proper amounts may keep fluids running in it. It might hurt more if it is too concentrate.They say at least 50 ounces of water for every 100 pounds body weight is needed. All medical decisons and healthcare decisions are one's own and all health care profession visits are one's own decision also. If the doctor thought it should be removed he may be correct.

Sometimes however if there is a stone blocking the duct then it can become life threatening and supposedly should be removed before this happens but it has been stated that there are no stones. So peace and good health. sjb

Last edited by sjb; 02-23-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: deletions and additions made

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Hawreck (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Your gallbladder is obviously very damaged to have such a low ejection number. It does need to be removed. Please keep in mind that it can rupture - like your appendix - and that could be fatal. A friend's father passed away from a ruptured gallbladder. As much as you would like to keep your organs, this one - along with appendix, tonsils, etc - can be removed and you can live a good life with no restrictions. I would weigh the options of no gallbladder vs possible rupture and see which one seems the best choice.

The following user gives a hug of support to Titchou:
sjb (02-23-2013)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Hawreck (02-23-2013), sjb (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Tichou may be right this can apparently happen sorry to say. sjb

Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
(female)

Hawreck HB User

Thanks for all the wonderful advice it is much appreciated. I have developed a low temp the last couple days so I made an appointment with the surgeon. I don't want to wait too long and become really sick. Plus my mom is worried sick. Thanks again.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You are welcome! Let us know what you do.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings, you are welcome! Sorry about the illness. Peace, sjb

Reply Reply