It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

Crmmom HB User
Post surgery Nausea

My surgery was on Monday and I've been eating fine except for today. I'm getting nauseous after eating and I just feel bad all over. What could be going on and should I be concerned? Honestly these are the same symptons i was having before surgery.

Last edited by Crmmom; 04-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Post surgery Nausea

What have you been eating? Staying fat free?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
(female)

Crmmom HB User

I thought so but this morning, I had a tuna fish sandwich? After that is when I started getting nauseous. Oh and a couple of corn chips and grapes. Could that do it?

Last edited by Crmmom; 04-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
(male)

richiet48 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crmmom View Post
My surgery was on Monday and I've been eating fine except for today. I'm getting nauseous after eating and I just feel bad all over. What could be going on and should I be concerned? Honestly these are the same symptons i was having before surgery.
I am 11 days post op and still not feeling 100%. I do get nauseous once in awhile. I also started to get rashes on my stomach from whatever they put on me. I must be allergic to it. I honestly believe not everyone bounces back so quickly. Remember it still is Major Surgery and it will take time for some to get back to normal. It will happen!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

NO fat for 2-3 weeks. And that mean tuna fish and mayo! Was there egg in it too? You just did a number on yourself. Let that bile duct come online slowly. Quit stressing it. You'll be glad you did.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
(female)

Crmmom HB User

Help, I'm not good with fats and non fats. Is there a list of allowable foods somewhere?

Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

What you can eat: bread, mustard, turkey and chicken breast baked or roasted, vegetables, yogurt, potatoes, fruit, fish (not salmon or escarole).

What you cannot eat: anything fried, any dairy that isn't fat free, eggs, butter, salad dressing, mayo, pudding, cakes (lots of butter in frosting), etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Crmmom (04-06-2013)
Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
(female)

Crmmom HB User

I have a couple of questions for you. How about coffee or tea? Is it ok to take zofran? And lastly I tried a low fat cereal this morning....special k w/ cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk. So far so good. Also my husband made me some chicken and rice that seemed to be ok last night. Not crazy about white rice but...thanks for your response!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Coffee and tea should be fine. Have no clue about the zofran. If you told your surgeon you were on it and he didn't tell you to leave it off, you should be OK.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Crmmom (04-07-2013)
Reply Reply