It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
(female)

TwinsMom03 HB User
One month post op

Any advice on how to deal with the very loose BM's I just started this past weekend after weeks of being fine. I called my Gastro Dr and the on call Dr thinks it might be an infection so put me on antibiotics I have an appointment to see my Dr tomorrow but this has been very upsetting after doing so well I feel like I'm going backwards.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
(female)

TwinsMom03 HB User
Re: One month post op

Doing better still on the antibiotic since not sure if it is/was an infection waiting on results of sampling that I did. Dr had me start Florastor probiotics & Questran to help with BM issues. It all seems to be getting better. The antibiotic still causing me to be nauseous so can't wait to finish that up on Sunday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Might help to go back to a non fat diet for a little while. And maybe lay off any roughage for a while too. I found I had problems with that too for a while.

Last edited by Titchou; 05-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
(female)

TwinsMom03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Might help to go back to a non fat diet for a little while. And maybe lay off any roughage for a while too. I found I had problems with that too for a while.
I have been eating low fat again baked chicken, noodles, baked potatoes, bananas, yogurt, crackers, turkey sandwich, jello, watermelon. The only roughage is green beans. Do you have any other suggestions of foods I feel weak where as before my strength was getting better.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'd lay off the raw fruit. Try juice if you feel the need for fruit. Try it for a week or two and see if it helps.

Reply Reply