It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

barredowl HB User
High Hida Scan Ejection rate

I need opinions if possible. Hida rate is 93%. When administered the stuff (forget name) to make gallbladder work, had the exact same weird feeling that I get once in a while when eat too much. Very uncomfortable, makes me have to poop ASAP and leaves me shaking. Must take a clonopin to help stop it and it can take several minutes or hours. Also have URQ dull pain and feel like "something" is there. Also uncomfortable. I feel it at all times but esp. if eat too much (I think). I've been very careful what I eat but sometimes things just happen . Also have IBS, LYME, Fibro, gastritis, diverticulosis. Gallbladder xray showed no gallstones. I suspect a bad gallbladder and do not go places or eat too much for fear of THAT feeling which is so scary. My GP said all is ok but I don't think so. Can anyone give me feedback or anything? I surely woul appreciate it as I really don't want to lose my gallbladder but will let it go if it will make me feel better. I just feel lousy (along with the Lyme an Fibro.Thanks in advance!
Always a Barredowl

Old 05-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: High Hida Scan Ejection rate

Over 75% is considered non functioning. You should have it removed. Go over to the Gallbladder board and you'll find lots of posts about it. I'd go see a surgeon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
(female)

barredowl HB User

Thank you, Titchou. I've been reading up on it on various sites and the conclusion is the same. I talked to two different drs. and both said it is working "well". I am scared of this situation and don't want to make the wrong choice. I see my gastro at the end of this month and will talk to him about this. Hopefully, he will have have experience with high ejection rates, etc. Do I just call up a surgeon on my own or does my dr. have to recommend one. I don't know of any good ones and am not sure how to find one that will have lots of experience. I also hear horror stories of people not feeling better after getting it removed. Along with all my other problems, I surely don't need more issues. I just want to get fixed. Thanks again for your input.
Always a barredowl

Old 06-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If your insurance allows it, just call one up and make an appointment. Ask around with your friends and family for the name of a good one. That's what I did.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
(female)

barredowl HB User

Thanks. I am on Medicare so that should be okay. I will ask about and see what goes!

Reply Reply