It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

SamanthaPaige HB User
Rough 4 months of my life

I have been suffering from on and off pain for months on end, back aches, stomach aches , heartburn , what felt like acid reflux , Nausea every time I ate, rapid weight loss 12 pounds to be exact mind you I'm 23 years old 5'9 in height and now weigh 118 pounds. I had been suffering actively and noticeably for 4 months, had an ultrasound and found out it was gallstones filled up in my gallbladder, had my surgery it's been a month already since the surgery and I'm still 118 pounds Granted I've been under an extreme amount of stress due to my fiance leaving me several days after my surgery, and walking completely out of my life for good because he couldn't handle my being sick constantly. Which has kept the weight shed off me I'm just worried I'm going to shed too much off not meaning to. I'm not one of those people that sympathy eats when I'm upset my stomach churns everything I eat to the point I vomit it back up (Not intentionally) I just can't physically keep food down without getting sick. Is it normal for someone to lose an excessive amount of weight after gallbladder removal? before I lost 10 pounds after I lost 5 more pounds in a week time span. My Dr is trying to put me on an anti depressant to keep the stress low but I've been on them before and i ended up in the hospital in agonizing pain, due to extreme abdomen swelling scared me away from taking them.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
(female)

difficult time HB User
Re: Rough 4 months of my life

Are you doing better now? Did they ever check your pancreas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
(female)

Tikicristi HB User
Re: Rough 4 months of my life

I am awaiting an apt w/surgeon to see if I need to have it out as mine was "overactive" so I can't comment on the side effects after surgery but as someone who suffered depression due to a serious relationship ending when I was also in my 20s and quite thin, I lost a ton of weight b/c of that. I think the combo of your surgery, health issues and fiancee leaving you has taken a toll. Some people lose a ton of weight when under stress and depressed, I did in my 20s. I've lost about 9 lbs in the past couple of months due to my health issues and not knowing if it's gallbladder or not and just not being able to eat as much or as normally. I think that is typical from reading others' posts here. I needed to lose that though and could stand to lose a few more. A friend of mine had her gallbladder out when she was pregnant and had a hard time keeping weight on when she was supposed to be gaining so I think what you're experiencing is not uncommon. But I think your situation is compounded by your emotional stress. I am sorry you are going through this - it sucks. As someone who was there in my 20s and is now 45m, happily married with a great daughter and life, I can tell you it will get better even though it stinks right now. You are better off without someone who can't handle it when things get tough. Hang in there - as your stress improves and you can start eating more as you heal from surgery, I am sure you will gain some weight back.

Reply Reply

Tags
gallbladder attack, gallbladder experiences, gallbladder removal, gallbladder surgery