It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User
Possible Gall Bladder issue?

Hello, I have been having digestive issues for a while. They also seem to be getting worse. Anything I eat causes my stomach to bloat out and I will alternate between constipation and diarrhea. I used to be able to handle hot sauce and spicy food fine, but now if I eat it I will over heat and sweat excessively. Fat foods do seem to give me trouble, but any food does in general. I get stabbing pains under my left rib cage and my right rib cage at all. Also, I have been experiencing extreme fatigue after I eat, it is especially bad if I eat a meal with high amounts of fat. I basically have become intolerant to fat foods.

When I eat high amounts of fat I will usually get constipated and the fatigue will onset and be so strong that I literally can't keep my eyes open. I will fall asleep no matter what. Then when I awaken I will usually be able to go to the bathroom, but I will still feel groggy.

Gluten has the same affect on me. However, the other night I tested myself by eating some gluten free foods (pizza, mac n cheese, cookies) that were high in fat. I became extremely fatigued and slept for at least 14 hours. I woke up feeling horribly groggy.

I had an upper gi endoscopy done and the doctor didn't find anything other than he said I had acid reflux. Next, he did a colonoscopy but didn't find anything.

I am thinking about pushing to have an ultra sound done and if nothing shows up then have a HIDA scan done.

Any opinions on this? Could it just be acid reflux? Is acid reflux a symptom of gall bladder issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User
Re: Possible Gall Bladder issue?

I would also like to add that I do get pains on my left and right side under the ribcage if I go too long without eating also.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:49 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

These are not typical gb symptoms. That's not to say it's not your gb but I wouldn't think so. Very much sounds like reflux and some intolerance - gluten very possible. SOunds like your doctor is on the right track. Are you following the diet and meds,etc?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
These are not typical gb symptoms. That's not to say it's not your gb but I wouldn't think so. Very much sounds like reflux and some intolerance - gluten very possible. SOunds like your doctor is on the right track. Are you following the diet and meds,etc?
He doesn't have me on any meds. Nothing has worked in the past. I am following his diet as well. I just don't understand how I could randomly become intolerant to spicy foods and fat. I also get such bad fatigue.

The last time I ate something really spicy I started sweating really bad. I was dripping wet. I also had such a bad pain on both sides under my rib cage and it was painful to even move. My back was hurting as well. It ended up keeping me up all night.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

The doctor also said I had a lot of inflammation in my stomach when he did the Upper GI Endoscopy.

Also, why would I want to take a PPI (Omeprazole) when I don't think that too much stomacha acid is my problem. I actually supplement with betain HCL when I eat and that has helped. It hasn't fixed the problem but it helped it.

Last edited by suffer_bad21; 08-29-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
(male)

desiblm HB User

seems some issues are similar to mine, i use to get very tired after having food .I'm 32 male .I have acitidity and reflux for almost 8 years and for the past 2 years i got the rib cage right side pain and lot of burps before eating and after, i did ultrasound and no stones and blood test all are normal, finally did the HIDA scan , the ejection fraction was 0%, they are saying my GB is not working at all and it have to be removed.I'm having dizziness associated with GB pain which i feel like i haven't slept good.I would definitely recommed to get HIDA scan.Currently i'm checking my option whether to remove my gb or not.only time will tell as the pain is tolerable.still sufferring with the rib cage pain and dizziness, i'm more concerned on dizziness then the gb pain

Old 08-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiblm View Post
seems some issues are similar to mine, i use to get very tired after having food .I'm 32 male .I have acitidity and reflux for almost 8 years and for the past 2 years i got the rib cage right side pain and lot of burps before eating and after, i did ultrasound and no stones and blood test all are normal, finally did the HIDA scan , the ejection fraction was 0%, they are saying my GB is not working at all and it have to be removed.I'm having dizziness associated with GB pain which i feel like i haven't slept good.I would definitely recommed to get HIDA scan.Currently i'm checking my option whether to remove my gb or not.only time will tell as the pain is tolerable.still sufferring with the rib cage pain and dizziness, i'm more concerned on dizziness then the gb pain
Thanks for posting this. It would definitely be a tough decision on whether or not to remove it. From what I have read online some people do great without it and some people don't improve at all. I actually have been having increased dizziness and nausea as well. It's not a good feeling. Good luck with everything.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
You need to have a few things checked

Food allergies? For one also have you been checked for H pylori? And your colonoscopy did he take biopsies ? I found out that I have microscopic diverticulitis which I had never heard of but explained my bowel problems .
Quite a few people develop intolerances to spicy food and beer hot coffee for some almost any hot food can trigger hot flashes feeling flush in the face and sweating
Not much you can do about that though.
There is some connection between our acid reflux and these under rib pains a lot of people I talk to have these same pains left right both always just under the ribs whether the take meds or not very odd and something between the gut health and dizziness .

Old 08-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch1one View Post
You need to have a few things checked

Food allergies? For one also have you been checked for H pylori? And your colonoscopy did he take biopsies ? I found out that I have microscopic diverticulitis which I had never heard of but explained my bowel problems .
Quite a few people develop intolerances to spicy food and beer hot coffee for some almost any hot food can trigger hot flashes feeling flush in the face and sweating
Not much you can do about that though.
There is some connection between our acid reflux and these under rib pains a lot of people I talk to have these same pains left right both always just under the ribs whether the take meds or not very odd and something between the gut health and dizziness .
Yes he did take biopsies. He also took biopsies and checked for bacteria when he performed my EGD. I am actually feeling a lot worse. I am really dizzy and nauseous. I thought eating would help but it made it worse and my stomach is extremely distended. I am contemplating going to the ER.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Are you in any pain ? Or just nausea with dizziness

Maybe you need to abandoned food and do a liquid diet of broths and clear drink did you feel any better when you were prepping for your colonoscopy ?
Also ginger root extract works very well for the nausea part as for the dizziness the bloating can cause that and so can trapped gas according to my GI
But if it seems wrong there's always the ER having been a few time they are just not real helpful unless your having a heart attack or been shot or broke something
But maybe your is better i hope

Good luck I feel for you

Old 08-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch1one View Post
Are you in any pain ? Or just nausea with dizziness

Maybe you need to abandoned food and do a liquid diet of broths and clear drink did you feel any better when you were prepping for your colonoscopy ?
Also ginger root extract works very well for the nausea part as for the dizziness the bloating can cause that and so can trapped gas according to my GI
But if it seems wrong there's always the ER having been a few time they are just not real helpful unless your having a heart attack or been shot or broke something
But maybe your is better i hope

Good luck I feel for you
I actually felt a lot better when I was prepping for my colonoscopy. The day I had it, I was little groggy after the operation obviously. However, after a few hours I felt amazing. I didn't eat for a while.

As an update for tonight. I didn't eat any gluten but I ate some scrambled eggs with cheese and some gluten free cereal with a little bit of peanut butter.

I feel intoxicated and nauseous. My stomach is distended very far, I also have a horrible pain on my right side around the bottom of my rib cage. It feels like someone is poking a knife in there.

I have an appointment on Wednesday. It is just a follow-up from my colonoscopy. However, I'm going to call on Monday and request that they do an ultrasound and a HIDA scan.

It might not be the problem, but at least then I will know.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If you have gb problems, you just ate the absolute worse thing you could! Eggs? A no-no. Cheese and peanut butter? Really? All that fat....eat fat free till you get this sorted out.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
If you have gb problems, you just ate the absolute worse thing you could! Eggs? A no-no. Cheese and peanut butter? Really? All that fat....eat fat free till you get this sorted out.
Yes you are right. I slept for around 13-14 hours and I woke up still feeling extremely tired. If I didn't force myself out of bed I probably would have fallen back asleep. I get fatigued and feel the exact same way when I eat gluten. I'm going to try cutting out fats for a few days and see what happens.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
(female)

Melanduisge HB User

Hello,

Have you sorted out the digestive issues as yet? I would recommend trying the FODMAPS diet and combining with Mintec before meals, Iberogast and possibly Movicol after meals.

I am feeling much less bloated, Gall Bladder is feeling fine. Best I have felt in a very long time.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #15
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanduisge View Post
Hello,

Have you sorted out the digestive issues as yet? I would recommend trying the FODMAPS diet and combining with Mintec before meals, Iberogast and possibly Movicol after meals.

I am feeling much less bloated, Gall Bladder is feeling fine. Best I have felt in a very long time.
I have not. I actually have tried the FODMAPS diet. I usually eat very clean and healthy. For a while I was eating only chicken, healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil) and green beans.

I was still have bloating issues and diarrhea. I am skeptical about supplements because I hate getting ripped off or trying something that doesn't work. However, I might be willing to give those a try. Thanks for your input. I greatly appreciate it.

Have you been diagnosed with gall stones? I haven't been diagnosed. I am going to see my GI on Wednesday and I most likely will be getting an ultrasound as well as a HIDA scan.

Closed Thread