It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 10:44 AM   #1

timebomb HB User
Post unequal cheekbones

I'm a 19 year old male, and I have noticed that my cheekbones are not equal on my face. The cheek bone on the left side of my face looks nice, it's straight and high. The cheek bone on the right side of my face is rounded and it doesn't stick out like the one on my left side does. The difference isn't huge, but it is something I notice when I look in the mirror. Im wondering if its just a defect or if my under-developed right cheek bone will eventually grow and 'catch up' to the left cheek bone . I know men don't stop growing until they're 21 so im wondering if im always going to have this problem or are they supposed to even out? thanks.

Old 01-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #2

kajajha HB User
Re: unequal cheekbones

Hey timebomb
Chances are your cheekbone will probably not equal out. Has this inequality always been present? Is there any pain involved. Just making sure it's not some sort of abcess, just normal feature asymmetry. If this is slight, most likely it is just that. Many people have eyes or ears that are not of equal size, one nostril larger than another etc. Personally, I have a similar feature as yourself. One cheekbone is more defined than the other. It is a minor asymmetry and just makes for a "better side".
Take care!
Kajajha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #3

timebomb HB User

well I don't really look hard at myself in the mirror so i don't know if the inequality has always been present. I just somehow noticed it the other day and was like, "thats odd, my cheekbones aren't even"'. I dont have any pain on my face either. I think im going to try and look for some older pictures of me to see if I can notice the difference. It's nothing i want to make a big deal about, i just want to stop obsessing about it now that I have noticed it. Thank you for posting and sharing that info about your cheekbones kajajha. It's good to know I'm not the only one with this minor asymmetry.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:11 AM   #4

HealthBdMember HB User

I've always wondered if that could be the cause of lying on one side of the face during infancy, since infants can get a flat side if they lie on one side of the head more than the other.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Some folks are just naturally uneven in various body parts. It seems my entire left side of my body is smaller than my right, it's particularly noticeable in my legs. Most folks have one foot larger than the other or one hand.
I wouldn't worry too much but if it does become painful or red or hot to touch you'd probably want to get it checked out. Otherwise it just might be how you are

Old 07-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #6
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User

Actually most people are asymmetrical.This is also why they do side profiles when you get a mug shot.I myself have some asymmetrical features,i only have one dimple when i smile,my nose looks slightly different on each side.Most people are like this.

Closed Thread