It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #1

dagmarharris HB User
Anyone have an idea what this might be? Strange lines on his forehead!

My friend is 48, a drinker. The past year three strange lines have appeared on his forehead going downward. They have a red coloring to them, as well.
Does anyone have an idea what this is? They look like they are getting deeper...and the color looks like a light scratch on his skin there.
~dagmar

I just posted this on the older age site...but maybe somone else might have an answer on this thread, worried!
~dagmar

Old 02-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Anyone have an idea what this might be? Strange lines on his forehead!

It sounds like he is becoming deficient in some minerals that are readily depleted when drinking alcohol. Magnesium, calcium , potsassium along with alot of trace minerals that affect skin tone.

He should also be suffering from muscle spasms and cramping with this problem-- and before long it will affect his heart -- the BIG muscle!!!

One drink will increase the loss of magnesium 500%.

Last edited by Harry; 02-14-2004 at 11:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 11:57 PM   #3

dagmarharris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
It sounds like he is becoming deficient in some minerals that are readily depleted when drinking alcohol. Magnesium, calcium , potsassium along with alot of trace minerals that affect skin tone.

He should also be suffering from muscle spasms and cramping with this problem-- and before long it will affect his heart -- the BIG muscle!!!

One drink will increase the loss of magnesium 500%.
Thank you so much for answering this. I was thinking it my be a bacterial infection and was getting very worried. Do you think he needs to see a doctor or just start taking supplements and STOP Drinking, of course.
p.s. have you ever seen someone with this symptom with the lines coming out? You post alot so I imagine you know alot, too!!
Hope to hear more, and should he buy a supplement with all these things or seperate each one?
~dagmar

Last edited by dagmarharris; 02-14-2004 at 11:58 PM.

Old 02-15-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

dagmar,
The outward visible sign on his face are not as significant as problems he may have internally--??? As you know drinking seriously affects a person's Liver causing cirrhosis.

He should definitely see a Doctor. The liver that weighs about 4 pounds is the largest internal organ in the body but is the only one that is capable of regenerating itself. The liver performs many vital functions.

I read that liver disease resulting from alcohol alone is the 4th leading cause of death of people in the ages from 25 to 65 in urban areas of the US.

It is certainly nothing to fool around with!!!

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 02-15-2004 at 08:21 AM.

Old 02-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #5

dagmarharris HB User

"dagmar,
The outward visible sign on his face are not as significant as problems he may have internally--??? As you know drinking seriously affects a person's Liver causing cirrhosis.
He should definitely see a Doctor." ...Harry

Dagmar writes:
I know him, and for one, he has no medical insurance. He is not working right now. He has lived on a settlement from a serious injury to his hand while working with a table saw. He was on workman's comp so they paid for all
the surgery, etc. But, now he is also been thru a recent death of his father.
He is getting back on his feet, but this lines is worrying both of us.
He was hopeful from your comments, as he had been told by a health nutrition person it might be trace minerals. He was hoping you might be more specific....what trace mineral? Hope to hear more, from you.
I just special ordered some Magnesium for myself, and plan to give him some of mine, and my calcium, too. (I take it for woman things....and I also have some arthritis in my neck and tight muscles....)
I plan to go the health food store tonight, so if you have some ideas..of what supplements exactly he could start on, please post me today!!
~dagmar
and thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by dagmarharris; 02-15-2004 at 11:20 AM.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #6

dagmarharris HB User

I was getting my oil changed today. I struck up a conversation with a woman who works in county health. She told me how my friend could see a dr. for free. It is especially for people who don't have insurance and not working etc. I am planning to give him this info. I only hope he will not let his pride get in the way, and take advantage of this kind of help, at this time, until he gets back on his feet.
I know his Liver would be so happy!!!!
~dagmar

Old 02-15-2004, 11:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Dagmar,
I certainly am glad to hear it!!
There is really some realitive simple blood work tests that can be done to determine alot of things and basically what is needed for treatment. Shooting in the dark without any or very little information is not the best way to Go and I know you both know that!!

There are just so many things that you can do nutritionally for all sorts of problems like liver, digestion, chronic inflammation, any type of swelling of the legs or abdomen, skin, anemia, fatique and the list goes on--- With more information???

Let us know the Dx-- Maybe someone can be of some help.

God Bless---Harry

Old 02-16-2004, 09:40 AM   #8

dagmarharris HB User
Re: Update for Harry...about my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Dagmar,

Let us know the Dx-- Maybe someone can be of some help.

God Bless---Harry
HI Harry,
I told him last night about this new idea of going to the dr. and he was angry. He says two people have told us there is a problem with trace minerals, perhaps. I think he is embarrassed to go to the dr. and say he drinks....
The drinking is his real problem!! okay, now what?
I can't make him go to the dr., and I am really not in controll to stop his drinking...though he tries too.
but he is willing to take the magnesium/calcium citrate and
still wants to know what trace minerals....
do you know?
~dagmar

Closed Thread