It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 06:32 PM   #1

asdfgh HB User
The Tip of My Tongue has White Spots and HURTS

The tip of my tongue has these white sticking out dots and they hurt... they were bothering me for 4 days when I took a toothbrush and rubbed it over my tongue, and the white spots broke and some blood spilled out ... now i have LOTS OF white spots and it feels stingy whenever my tongue touches my teeth... Im using Kanka at the moment which is an antiseptic for the mouth and it kind of gives it a numb feeling like listerene.... plz help what is this..... what should i do

Old 05-06-2004, 07:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User
Re: The Tip of My Tongue has White Spots and HURTS

May be a form of thrush, which is a yeast infection. Have you just been on any antibiotic? My son once had a black, velvety tongue all of a sudden after starting an antibiotic. He was given Mycostatin oral liquid to get rid of the yeast infection. I think that either a doctor OR a dentist might be able to help you! The stickiness stumps me. I hope you will seek help. Probably isn't something that will go away by itself. Take care, Tracy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2004, 08:17 AM   #3
(female)

sunnysun HB User
similar situation

My mother had a problem quite similar and it lasted on and off for almost 2 years. Doctors kept giving her different reasons and medications (even steroids), none of which provided permanant relife. She was talking to a distant relative who had also had a similar problem, and found out that it was whitening toothpaste. Even the smallest amount of whitening in the toothpaste caused her to have it come back. Must have been an ingrediant in the whitening. Anyways, 2 weeks after she stopped using anything like that, she has never had symptoms again. It's worth a shot. Hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2004, 03:59 PM   #4

asdfgh HB User
Re: The Tip of My Tongue has White Spots and HURTS

OK mine lasted 2 weeks, all you need to use is Kanka, its an antiseptic for the mouth, it hurts real bad (stings) but helps,

Closed Thread