It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 08:36 AM   #1

healthnutwanabe HB User
enemas

Has anyone used an enema or uses them rugularly? I hear they are good for you, but the idea of it freaks me out. Any knowledge or advice on the topic would be helpful. Thanks.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #2

shye&curious HB User
Arrow Re: enemas

hey there
i've never personally used an enema, but i've given lots of them to others! ... what kind of things do you want to know/why are you wanting to use them for yourself?
thx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2004, 02:09 PM   #3

healthnutwanabe HB User
Re: enemas

Hi,
I guess my question is, are they safe to do yourself at home, and are there any benefits for someone who is already generally healthy? I hear it boosts your metabolism, and can help with regularity and dexotification. Is it worth doing?
Thanks!!

Old 06-27-2004, 03:01 PM   #4

shye&curious HB User
Lightbulb Re: enemas

hi there
i don't see why they wouldn't be safe to use at home... my only concern would be that you would become dependant on them? which really isn't good if your bowels are functioning regularly... you'd want to keep it that way!
i'm really not sure about the metabolism thing, sorry, maybe try searching it? i had no luck though!

i know that like, people do it and stuff to flush out their system... they also do like, colon flushing and stuff to lose weight and all... i'd talk to your doctor about it for the best answers!

Old 07-05-2004, 01:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

I suppose it would be OK to do it for a colon cleanse but to continue is harmful, as I have read that enemas can weaken your natural colon lining so to use them regularly is not such a good idea...

Old 07-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #6
(male)

el gato HB User

I have used them for many years and I swear by them.They are great if you are constipated and need quick relief.I just don't think that chemical laxitives are the way to go.There are lots of web sites discussing enemas and thier proper proceedures.I suggest that you explore these sites.I take a series of enemas at least once a week and work up to 3 quarts to really fill and clean the colon.Use a mild soap or get some castille soap that is made for enemas.By cleaning my colon once a week I have gotten my colesterol low enough to get off any meds.I have lost about 20 pounds this year and I have alot more energy.Oh yes,I have not become dependent on enemas as I have at least two good bowel movements a day without enemas.You might also try coffee enemas for liver detox and good gallbladder function.They also are on a web site under coffee ememas.I try to do a coffee enema every morning.Good luck and I hope that this answers some of your questions.Enjoy and take your time to get used to it.

Closed Thread