It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #1
(male)

notheroic HB User
I dont know what to do anymore.

Symptoms:

I cannot eat with out having my heart race or pound and i feel really weak.
When I dont eat, I also feel really weak and my heart pounds or races.
My lower left back al the way up, is in constant pain and it feels like it's compressing my whole body.
I feel like I'm going to die or pass out every minute of the day.
I'm an hypochondriac.

I dont feel like giving up.
Obvious reason, i'm only 20 years old.

But i'm sick of diagnosing myself.
I need help... And I need it now.
And nothing seems to be right.
I've had so many tests come out negative.

But I feel I havent had the right ones.
I dont know
I'd appreciate any comment that anyone can give.
And especially if ou have a clue as to what is up(Besides anxiety, i've gotten that diagnosis already.)
Thank you.
roger.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:21 AM   #2
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User
Re: I dont know what to do anymore.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so ill, just hang in there. What all heart tests have you had done?

It sounds like postprandial tachycardia, I have not looked into it so don't know if you will find much on it. I don't know the cause either(sorry, I can't help you more).
You might also want to look up P.O.T.S (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). It has a vast amount of symptoms.

Hope you get feeling better real soon and start enjoying your life.

Take care,
Abby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 05:48 AM   #3

Mertle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by notheroic
Symptoms:

I cannot eat with out having my heart race or pound and i feel really weak.
When I dont eat, I also feel really weak and my heart pounds or races.
My lower left back al the way up, is in constant pain and it feels like it's compressing my whole body.
I feel like I'm going to die or pass out every minute of the day.
I'm an hypochondriac.

I dont feel like giving up.
Obvious reason, i'm only 20 years old.

But i'm sick of diagnosing myself.
I need help... And I need it now.
And nothing seems to be right.
I've had so many tests come out negative.

But I feel I havent had the right ones.
I dont know
I'd appreciate any comment that anyone can give.
And especially if ou have a clue as to what is up(Besides anxiety, i've gotten that diagnosis already.)
Thank you.
roger.

Roger,

I'm no Doctor here, but it sounds like you already been diagnosed - (
Anxiety) also I think you are stressing yourself out so bad that your body hurts. Have you had a MRI on your Spine? Just to rule out disc problems? Just my opinion here!

I know all about Panic Attacks & stress & back problems!

Life is too short to be worrying about what you might have - Good Luck to you!

Old 07-07-2004, 05:58 AM   #4
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

While I agree that anxiety can cause many symptoms, especially tense muscles, which may very well be the cause of the back pain. I have never heard of anxiety causing your heart to race after eating, that is a specific symptom that needs to be further evaluated.

Until you can absolutely rule out the heart, don't settle on anxiety. Have you had your blood sugar and thyroid tested?

Abby

Old 07-07-2004, 02:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

perhaps be evaluated for anxiety? It sounds like, especially the part about feeling like your going to pass out, that you could just be overly-anxious but also you might test for hypo-glocemia?

Old 07-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #6

shannon30 HB User

I can realte to your story. I don't have the issue after I eat but I do have the racing heart, I always feel as if I am going to pass out every second that I am awake, My back is always in pain, and the list goes on. I have had this for 6 months now every day. How long have you had this? I am 31 with 6 kids so I really need to get better for them as well as myself. I have had many tests as well and all come back normal...I do not believe that this is normal....

Old 07-07-2004, 04:32 PM   #7
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Shannon30, I can personally relate with you. The feeling like I was going to pass out every waking hour(particularily when I was standing was what initially brought me to the boards. I am doing a bit better, although standing still bothers me. My heart does race now and then but I am on meds to control that for the most part so I don't connect the two(for me anyways). I too have had many tests and for the most part they were normal, although I did recently get an abnormal thyroid test. I have tried for the past 7+ months to figure this out but am still at a loss.

Did you, before this all started for you, have a fear of passing out? I am trying to convince myself that these feelings are fear induced, I have always been a bit fearful of fainting although I never have.

For me it is pretty easy to sum up, I feel extremely weak and lightheaded...not dizzy though, and the feeling is pretty constant although at times worse than others. It is hard to parent and feel so ill at the same time. I hope you get better real soon. Take care.

Abby

Old 07-07-2004, 06:07 PM   #8

shannon30 HB User

Addy, I also mainly have the off balance thing..I don't have the room spins more the lightheaded thing. I did not have a fear of pasing out untill the first time I got lightheaded. I was cleaning my daughters room getting ready to go to my parents house for Christmas, I was feeling great and when I was walking down my hallway I felt the room spin thing and then my whole body felt like it was on fire so I laid on my bed roght away and obviously did not go to my parents as I did not know what was wrong...Ever since I have had the lightheaded thing. It has not gone away at all. Like you I have days that are a little better but it is always their.....

Old 07-08-2004, 02:37 PM   #9
(male)

notheroic HB User

My back pain usually feels like something is there
like a pin, to stake it's position, in my lower back.

Lumbar.

and it shoots all the way up my back, and alot of the time it goes with the racing heart.

It makes me worry all the time.
Because I can't do anything without that happening.
I'm afraid something on me is dissected or something.

I crack my back alot, and maybe I screwed something up =/
I'm sure you're not supposed to do that to your back.
=/

Old 07-10-2004, 01:54 AM   #10
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Do you think that the pain may be causing te raising heart, maybe your getting anxious about it? I have problems with my sciatic nerve but it shoots down my leg, maybe it could shoot up as well. Generally heart pain isn't the stabbing/pinpoint type pain but it certainly wouldn't hurt to get a once over by your Dr. I don't imagine cracking your back is helping though.

Hope you get feeling better,
Abby

Last edited by abbygirl2; 07-10-2004 at 01:55 AM.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:29 AM   #11

Sara67 HB User

There is a condition known as Gastric Osophogeal Reflux Disease (GORD) I am no expert but basically, part of the stomach pushes through the diaphragm into the chest cavity. When the person eats, the pressure can irritate the heart muscle and cause tachycardia. This is more common in obese people and it generally happens after a big meal. You would feel weak because the heart is pumping so fast that the blood pressure drops, but if this was the cause, I would imagine that you would also get gastric reflux.

I really do think that in your case, it is anxiety. I couldn't go over a bridge for months because that is where my first attack happened. I associated bridges with panic and the fear of an attack actually brought one on. That is what I think may be happening to you when you try to eat. Heart palpatations are very common for anxiety and they are the scariest symptom of all (In my opinion) When my doctor told me what was wrong, I thought he was fobbing me off but he wasn't, anxiety is not a cop out. It is a very real problem for a lot of people

I hope this helps

Closed Thread