It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
red itchy blotches on face....

While I was in the shower this afternoon I noticed that my face itched a lot. When I got out I looked in the mirror and there were blotches about 1/2 an inch on my face most of them were on the left cheek. well it has been about four hours and they are still there....I have been trying my best not to scratch. I have not put anything on my face that I havn't before. I put suntan lotion on....a new kind....although I have used it once before....I also put it on my arms and back and there aren't any blotches on my arms or back. I looked it up on google and rosacia(sp) and ezcema(sp) came up multiple times but I looked at the pictures section and it didn't look like what I have. I am stumpted .....any ideas?

I am a 15 year old female. I am on zyrtec and rhinocort aqua at the moment.

Thanks!

Old 07-19-2004, 04:40 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

subway13 HB User
Re: red itchy blotches on face....

I get the same thing after I shower! I think it's because your skin gets too dry, I put cetaphil (Lotion) on my face after I shower and that seems to clear it right up. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #3

NatalieatSIS HB User

Look up Fifth's Disease. I think it sounds very similar, and it isn't anything to worry about. It will go away. I have had it, so has my son. It is more common in young children. Fifth's Disease is also known as "Slapped Face Syndrome". It looks just like someone slapped you. The only thing about Fifth's is that when you notice symptoms, you are not contagious anymore. You are contagious 14 days before breaking out. You should look it up, and see if the symptoms match up.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Old 07-22-2004, 12:19 PM   #4
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User

I had some of the symptoms of Fifth's Disease.It was gone when I woke up the next morning. It sounds like Fifth's Disease might have been what it was. I just got home from field hockey camp and I have this rash on my chest (right where my tank top ends.....right above my boobs) I put sooooo much sun screen on it and it keeps getting redder.......do you think this could be another out break of it??? Thanks again....!!!!

Old 07-22-2004, 12:26 PM   #5

NatalieatSIS HB User

Yes, it is very common to break out again. I did.

Also, be careful around any pregnant women. When I had it, I worked at a Daycare (very common), and 3 out of 5 pregnant women miscarried. It may have been coincidence, but I am thinking 5ths was the cause of it. It does state to stay clear of pregnant women, and I am believing it now. Usually only women in the first few months of pregnancy.

Closed Thread