It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2004, 08:31 AM   #1

sqwonky HB User
white bumps on lips

Hi I posted this in the skin care board, but nobody responded, perhaps this is a more appropriate place for my question.

Recently i noticed i have these little white bumps on my top lip, and a couple days after that i noticed them in the corner of my lip as well. I cant really tell if they itch or anything, but the ones in the corner of my mouth seem kinda sore. I was just wondering if anyone knows what they are, as i cant seem to find much information on the web about white bumps on lips. I was wondering if they were anything to worry about, like maybe from a STD or something.

thanks,
sqwonky

Old 09-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #2

tgum HB User
Re: white bumps on lips

I can't say exactly what these are as i am not a doctor,but i have these to.They are sort of pin head sized and are in clusters on the inner side of my lips.It is very rare,but sometimes towards the corners of my mouth one might seem sore and it is possible to squeeze it.I have never been to see my doctor as i honestly believe that they are like fatty deposits under the skin.There are many places on the body that you can get these.If you are still worried,go to the doctor.I am NOT a doctor,and can not give a proper diagnosis.Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2004, 03:48 AM   #3

stacey01 HB User

are the bumps raised? thick-milky like substance? Im not sure about your exact case but you may have a mild case of oral thrush??? Look on the net for oral thrush and look at some pics on different websites and compare them with your lips Its a type of yeast infection (just in case u werent sure what it was). Babies can commonly get thrush on the lips, but im sure it can happen in adults too. The type we always hear about is on the tongue. This may not be the case at all, just thought i would throw something out there to help you Good luck, and if youre really worried go to the doc and ease your mind !!

Last edited by stacey01; 09-26-2004 at 03:50 AM.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

This might sound weird, but do you bite your lips.. sometimes I pull my lips through my teeth.. (okay, that's hard to explain.. LOL) and the next morning I'll have like blisters on the inside of my lips.. maybe this is the cause?

Old 08-24-2005, 02:28 AM   #5
(female)

1hotmumof2 HB User

Hi. I saw found this site from a search result on white clusters of bumps on lips. Anyways, I noticed tonight that the white bumps on my lips seem to have gotten worse since I noticed them a few years ago, so I have been searching for a few hours online trying to find out what they could be. They bothered me when I first found them, but had assumed they would go away. They are small white bumps under the skin and are like clusters on the corners of my inner upper and lower lip( if that makes any sense ) SO, the good news is that I think I found out what they are! After looking around on several sites, one place mentioned Fordyce glands and that seems to desribe best what the bumps that I have are. I am still going to make an appointment tomorrow to have them looked at by a professional, but I was beginning to get pretty scard from the looks of the small white bumps, but now I am feeling a little more relieved. Hope this helped

Closed Thread