It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2004, 12:51 PM   #1

rc998 HB User
is this a low grade fever?

i have been feeling hot lately and when i take my temp is about 99.2? is this a fever or could your body temp rise if your in a house with no a/c?

what diseases give u a low grade fever all the time? is 99.2 even considered a low grade fever please help!!!!!

Old 08-15-2004, 10:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User
Re: is this a low grade fever?

The nurse practioner that I see if my PCP isn't available said that she thinks 98.6 is falsely normal. In other words that normal should be lower. When I have a temperature of 99.2 to 99.8 then I feel like I have been runover by a truck. I have been this way for a couple of days, today is the first day I have been "up" for any length of time.The Fatigue is the worst with the low grade temp. So is 99.? a low grade temp? I think some drs say yes whereas if you are in the hospital after having surgery, the drs don't get excited unless your temp is over 101.
B

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2004, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

It could be a low grade temperature, however, you need to know what your normal temperature is to determine that. Normal temperature is not 98.6, in fact my normal is usually near 97.2. Some normal ranges are as high as 99, your environment plays a very large factor in determining what your normal range is.
Most doctors consdier 100.4 the start of a fever or infection.

As far as low grade temperatures and illness, there are far too many to mention. If you are feeling run down and running a low grade temp you should see your doctor. It could be something as simple as a virus or an infection going on.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #4

rc998 HB User

i had epstein barr virus in the past can that make u get a low grade fever and does it come back?? i got tested for it a few months ago and i didnt have it but had it in the past and i never knew about it

Old 08-15-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

EBV will always remain in your system and can be re-triggered. You probably should get checked again its probably flaring up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kissa For This Useful Post:
dreman147 (11-18-2012)
Old 08-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

The temp of the environment can play a role. But everyone here is right. You need to know your normal. What has it been in the past? Is it typically higher than 'normal'? Are you feeling tired pretty much all the time? There could be a hundred or more reasons why your temp is a bit up. An overactive thyroid is one posibility as is many other things. If you're concerned about it, make an appt with your doctor.
Barb

Old 08-15-2004, 08:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

When my allergies are bad I feel hot in my face & forehead but nowhere else. Sometimes it reads as a low grade fever. I know allergies can make you feel feverish.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I like to call this type an elevated temperature. Technically it is not a fever, but an elevation of normal temperature. I usually sit in the 97.6 range and it is very abnormal for me to get above 98.6, but lately I too have been hitting the 99.3 mark. it never gets higher, infact, it has been over ten years since I have had a "real" fever. But, it does make you feel like crap. I work in a hospital, and it is true that docs don't get excited unless it is atleast 100 degrees or higher. the most they do it just give a pt some tylenol. Your body can react to it's surroundings though. Taking a hot bath will raise your temp just as sitting in snow would lower it slightly. When you start feeling hot, try and take a cool bath, turn a fan on yourself, and try to relax. If you are truly concerned, see your doctor.

Closed Thread