It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 04:11 AM   #1

scott-e-dog HB User
i have had a sore throat for 3 weeks

i have had a sore throat for 3 weeks now and it sometimes feels like it is getting better then just goes back to being sore again, it hurts when i swallow, the pain goes from the right of my throat to my right ear. then the next day it might be my left side that is sore... Has anyone had this problem before ? Has anyone had a sore throat for more then 3 weeks ? I am so worried it is throat cancer as I smoked for 4 years about 10 years back, I am now 28.. Any help would be good, the Doc put me on antibods but they have done nothing.

The following user gives a hug of support to scott-e-dog:
tracidacious (11-09-2011)
Old 08-17-2004, 05:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: i have had a sore throat for 3 weeks

It's also possible that it is your sinus's it will make for a sore throat expecially in the
morning and move from ear to ear. Could also be a viral infection of some sort. Did he test you for strep also?
I would certainly call the doctor and let him know what's going on. If it is a viral infection antibiotics will do nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

It is probably not throat cancer. You did not smoke that much. If you don't have strep throat, I would say it is an allergic reaction. Maybe your ears are blocked and you have some post nasal drip causing the sore throat. Try taking some Sudafed and maybe an allergy med and see if that helps. Sometimes it takes about a week.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:53 PM   #4

Sara67 HB User

Do you feel tired and feverish? I had a sore, inflammed throat that would come and go whenever I was stressed or tired. I put up with it for ages until eventually I couldn't stop worrying about it because I had convinced myself that I had throat cancer. Anyway, it turns out that I have got Glandular Fever!

I think it is always worth a trip to the doctor. If only to put your mind at rest.

Take care

Sara

Old 08-18-2004, 04:38 AM   #5

scott-e-dog HB User

thanks for your replys.. i had the Glandula Feva test and it came back negative.. I dont know what to do from here

Old 08-18-2004, 06:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Could be viral, sometimes those buggers hang on for a while. Or like mentioned could be a sinus problem. Also have you been tested for Ebstien Barr Virus or Mono?
Are you having any symptoms like low fever or tiredness? Those can be an indication of both EBV and or Mono

Old 08-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #7

scott-e-dog HB User

I am seeing the Doc today, i will ask her to test me for those things. It is so anoying.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:19 PM   #8

Winnow HB User

Oil of Oregano and oregamax worked for me

Old 08-28-2004, 08:35 AM   #9
(female)

Kime HB User

If it is a virus or allergy then vitamin C will probably help. I have a cold right now and I take about 15 grams at a time on an empty stomach and it really takes the symptoms away. I take it on an empty stomach because I get bloated if I take that much with food in my stomach. It does give me a little diarrhea but that just shows me I have taken enough because when your body has all the C it wants it doesn't absorb any more from the intestines and the extra C pulls more water into the intestines by osmosis, at least that is how they think it works. All I know is that I get the best results by far if I take enough to get a little diarrhea. If you take it to bowel tolerance, (the diarrhea level) then you can tell within a few hours if it is helping with this type of thing. You can look up vitamin C bowel tolerance on the internet if you want more information. The amount you need to take is different with different people and at different times and conditions. Hope you are feeling better now anyway.

Closed Thread