It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #1

polik HB User
Cough, dry throat and mouth

Hi
For about 6 months or so now I have not been able to stop coughing regularly. It feels as so I always need to clear my throat, which feels very dry and so does my mouth - my tongue is always dry and becomes yellow if i dont brush it regularly. When I cough I do not cough anything up and my throat does not feel as tho it has cleared - this cough is also affecting my voice.
I have seen a doctor who prescribed me a nasal spray called nasonex and told me that she thought that my nose is dripping down my throat which is causing the constant irritation and dryness. This spray has not seemed to help very much tho and Im unsure what to do as this is constantly troubling me and I cant seem to find any explanation for it.
Also, I am young (20s) and I used to smoke (not very much) but I dont any more.
If anybody has any experience of what I am describing or knows anything that may help, please reply to my post.
Thanks

Old 10-17-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User
Re: Cough, dry throat and mouth

What about GERD? (reflux) I had a constant cough for 2 years before anyone tested me for it. After taking nexium, (AND have sinus surgery) my cough is gone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User
Angry Re: Cough, dry throat and mouth

Hi Polik: I know exactely what you are saying. I have had the same problem but mine has been on going for 5 years now. I have had every test available. Lots of breathing tests. All negative. Went to a respiroligist and he thought I had a non productive bronchitis. When I was a kid (4-8) I had bronchitis every year. Productive.
I have tried every nose spray, cough med and lozenge there is. The same thing happens all the time. Tickle in throat, dry throat, and if I talk too much I cough. VERY EMBARRASSING. People look at me like I am sick . I feel OK except for this cough. If you find a remedy please let me know. Twokatss

Old 10-25-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User
Re: Cough, dry throat and mouth

Hi:it is Twokatss again: I had an endoscope too see if I had GERD but did not. I used to smoke for 7 years (18-25). I grew up in a smoking home. All this could be related. I am very sensitive to cold air., smells, like perfume,and smoke from cigarettes. I am 58 now.
I sleep most nights in a reclining chair because if I lie in bed I cough more. Not very restful.

Tell me if you have any of these factors too.

Closed Thread