It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2004, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

volcomrxy21 HB User
Exclamation pain after sneezing

For many years, my friend has complained that when he sneezes, his entire upper body aches (especially his arms, shoulders...)
It hurts him really bad, and he has no idea what it could be.
Any suggestions?

Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
(male)

ericsautos HB User
Re: pain after sneezing

I have had the most killer pain in both of my arms from sneezing for the last 25 years I am 45 now and my brother has this too he is 50 years old, but no one else in our family has this. I was told by a doctor friend he believes that when I sneeze so hard it pinches a nerve in my neck and this causes the very sharp pain in both arms it is so bad that I really cannot do anything with either arm for like 5 minutes it is the worst ache pain ever I even try to rub it out afterwards with no help it just kills me in both arms. I wish I could solve this problem, but I do not know how if anyone has an answer let me know. Thanks, Eric

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
(female)

spyrogirlkim HB User

I have this also except it feels like an electric shock in my heart and my heart hurts for awhile after.I have never told a doctor for fear they think I was crazy.I wish I knew why it happened.I think it is probably a nerve being pinched.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
(female)

lrogers20 HB User

My husband age 53 had always had pain in both arms, only when sneezing. My husband had thought it was normal to have pain when sneezing. I had always told him something was wong. 18 months ago he had quadrupple bypass surgery. Since the day of his surgery, absolutely no pain from sneezing. His family has a history of high Colesterol. We asked his cardiologist about it and he looked at us a if we were crazy and said he had never heard of such a thing. I can't believe no one has considered it being cardio related, given the strain everyone says sneezing puts on the body. I have always heard the a person comes close to death when sneezing. I don't know how true it is. We feel that maybe he has had a cardio problem all along and since all pain went away since the surgery, we almost know it was cardio related. May be wrong, just using common sense.

Closed Thread