It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 10:03 PM   #1
(male)

seyzna HB User
Excessive forehead sweating

When I am around people in a hot enviornment, I tend to get hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable. This is most common in school and work where I have to wear a uniform and it can't be changed. It is odd because I only sweat from my forehead and at times it can get very heavy and be embarrasing. Is there anything I can do or take to reduce the amount of sweating that comes from my forehead. Now, it's not like I sweat all the time but a lot of times when it is hot I do and I become very uncomfortable, can anyone help? Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2004, 10:41 PM   #2
(male)

seyzna HB User
Re: Excessive forehead sweating

anyone help please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #3
(male)

seyzna HB User

anybody? any ideas at all??!??

Old 09-16-2004, 03:08 AM   #4

boa HB User

You sweat on your forehead when you're only in a hot environment? That sounds pretty normal to me.

I do have a condition called Hyperhidrosis. Which, I doubt you have. It really sucks. I'm constantly sweating a lot on my hands and feet, no matter what the temperature is. And no matter how much I try to wipe it, the sweat is coming out every second. I don't want to bore you with my sad story, but I'd easily trade this condition for just sweating normally on my forehead.

Last edited by boa; 09-16-2004 at 03:09 AM.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:42 AM   #5
(male)

seyzna HB User

I have sweaty hands too, but not as bad as forehead. I am familiar with Hyperhidrosis and don't think I have it either. But the reason I bring this up his because out of all the people around me, I am on of the only like two people sweating. I try to slow everything down, wipe it, do whatever, but I don't know what else to try.

Old 09-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
(female)

NinjaCowboy HB User

I get like this too lately(the last year or two), and I'm not sure why. Temp. seems to have nothing to do with it, it happens even in the winter. It seems to happen whenever I am even slightly stressed, even just getting ready to go to work. I'll be fine all day (I work evenings), but as soon as I start getting ready for work, my face and neck get all sweaty. So I'm a yucky sweaty mess by the time I get to work. Once I get there, it usually goes away after the first 10-15 min. But those first several minutes are embarassing, especially when it is cool out so no one else is sweating. It sucks - I can't really wear makeup, because it will get all streaky, and I can't leave my hair down because the front gets all wet and sticks to my face.
I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it, so I can't really help you, but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Last edited by NinjaCowboy; 09-19-2004 at 02:58 PM.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
(male)

seyzna HB User

mabye it has to do with your body overheating?

Old 09-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #8
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

Before i was diagnosed with grave disease, i use to sweat like that. usually it was just before getting ready for work. After i got to work the sweating would stop. I would suggest next time you have a physical, have your dr check your thyroid. It solved a lot of problems for me. good luck,

Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
(female)

NinjaCowboy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtu91952
Before i was diagnosed with grave disease, i use to sweat like that. usually it was just before getting ready for work. After i got to work the sweating would stop. I would suggest next time you have a physical, have your dr check your thyroid. It solved a lot of problems for me. good luck,
Thanks for the idea. I was planning to have this checked, but I probably won't be able to for a few years...
I don't have insurance, can barely pay my rent for a studio apt, but yet I make too much to qualify for any sort of assistance.

But I don't think this is the problem. I was planning on having this checked because I actually have many symptoms of an underactive thyroid. Except obviously the one about being cold all the time. But my hands, feet, and nose get really cold sometimes, and when they do it's really hard to get warm again.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:27 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

I also sweat a lot when I'm around people or outside. I also sweat when I'm just a little stressed and it seems to go away once I settle down. It is extremely embarassing and I've been trying different makeup to see what works. I know there used to be a waterproof makeup made just for this, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

About the thyroid. It's funny you said this cause I was just diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. Maybe that's where the sweating comes from. I have no clue anymore. I used to think I was just a hot blooded person. I would love to find out why too.

Chantel

Old 09-24-2004, 07:34 AM   #11
Inactive

Jack51 HB User

Seyzna, I have this excessive forehead sweating also. It only happens when I am hot though, and I sweat excessively in general. My problem is that I wear glasses and unless I constantly mop my forehead, the sweat gets into my eyes, and burns like heck. I cannot wear contacts because of very bad astigmatism.
I have read that Botox injections help this a lot, but only last a few months, and is expensive.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:04 AM   #12
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User

Hi everyone
I just had to jump in here..I can totally relate to ninja..I seem to be the only one sweating so bad i need napkins in my hand!! I werar glasses also..Its terruible.I have always seemed to sweat more than others ..I am only 36 yet going through {surgically induced} menopause so i have a double whammy..I'll be the one shoveling the driveway w/out a coat on...lol

Old 09-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

bharkins HB User

Besides the thyroid, hypertension medications can cause excessive sweating.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:22 PM   #14
(male)

seyzna HB User

Bump this anyone have any other ideas or solutions or anything?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #15
(female)

CandiceD HB User
Red face Re: Excessive forehead sweating

Quote:
Originally Posted by boa View Post
You sweat on your forehead when you're only in a hot environment? That sounds pretty normal to me.

I do have a condition called Hyperhidrosis. Which, I doubt you have. It really sucks. I'm constantly sweating a lot on my hands and feet, no matter what the temperature is. And no matter how much I try to wipe it, the sweat is coming out every second. I don't want to bore you with my sad story, but I'd easily trade this condition for just sweating normally on my forehead.
WOW! What a horrid reply. I would never say a condition I have is worse than someone else's. YOU DON'T KNOW. Anyway...it does indeed sound like hyperhidrosis because I have exactly what she is speaking of, and was diagnosed by my dermatologist with hyperhidrosis last month.

Closed Thread