It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #1

SHAYSER HB User
How do you know if your Lymph Nodes are swollen?

This is probally a dumb question but here goes anyway........................
Just wondering how can you tell if your Lymph Nodes are swollen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2004, 09:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
Re: How do you know if your Lymph Nodes are swollen?

Touch your jaw, then move down a little further, those are your glands. If they feel larger than normal, they're swollen. I also find that mine are kind of 'bouncy' if they're swollen.

Hope that made sense.. lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
(female)

kentuckywoman HB User

Usually if you have swollen lymph nodes, they are sore and painful to the touch or when you eat. The lymph glands in the groin can also become swollen and sore to touch. Usually an antibiotic is needed for them to clear up. I have swollen lymph glands in my neck now probably due to a sinus infection. I plan to see my doctor tomorrow.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

U can take penicillin to treat swollen lymph nodes. But they will hurt if they are swollen. Feel around the 2 sides of your neck, if they feel painful and tender to the touch, they are swollen.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
(female)

NinjaCowboy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandlop
U can take penicillin to treat swollen lymph nodes. But they will hurt if they are swollen. Feel around the 2 sides of your neck, if they feel painful and tender to the touch, they are swollen.
Not always. Mine are always swollen (the ones right under your jaw). I think it might have something to do with my allergies. The swelling goes up and down, and sometimes even almost goes away, but they never hurt. Also sometimes if I press on them kinda hard, I can feel something draining in the back of my throat, and then they won't be as swollen anymore.

Closed Thread