It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Inactive

kray HB User
Exclamation Very Bad Pain in lower left abdomen...

Hi everyone,

Im getting this really sharp stabbing pain in the lower left front side of my abdomen, and a dull pain in the lower back.

Its been really bad for a few days now, and its not the first time this has happen, i went to the doctors a few weeks back, and they gave me some pain killers and told me to go back if it got worse. - (it went away, but now its back.)

I carnt get to the doctors this week,

Any ideas what this could be???

Thanks for replies.

Old 09-28-2004, 02:04 PM   #2

stacey01 HB User
Re: Very Bad Pain in lower left abdomen...

sounds like u may have some gastro or kidney problems.... associated pain can be strange in that even though something is wrong in one area , somewhere across from it can hurt so u pin it on whats physically hurting. Thats the only suggestion i can give ya for now.... at least its not on the right side which would clue me into thinking u are having appendicitis. You have no fever? No bowel changes? No eating changes? Is there anything u can relate to the digestive system that may be out of the norm for u??? Second, a kidney problem (ex- infection) the pain would be concentrated more in the back than the from abdomen, but hey there have been stranger things?? Just watch urself and if it gets worse at all, then go to an urgent clinic instead of waiting for the doctor.

Last edited by stacey01; 09-28-2004 at 02:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 09:37 AM   #3

LEIGH1976 HB User

I Am Expeirincing The Same Kind Of Pain Right Now And It Started Last Week And Seems To Be Getting Worse . Sometimes It Gets To Where You Have To Wait To Move A Min Because It Hurst So Bad.. Let Me Know What You Find Out Please I Am Going To Make And Appoint Ment With My Dr For Next Week.... Thanks Leigh

Old 09-29-2004, 09:53 AM   #4
(female)

bubs HB User

Could possibly be a case of diverticulitis. This is usually where the pain occurs. Good luck in finding out what it is. I know how miserable that can be.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Yeah . . . lower left pain is often diverticulitis. That's all the doctor did? Give you pain medication and send you on your way?

Old 10-03-2004, 02:31 PM   #6

-T- HB User

Aw not you to. I've been having the same pain...or one similar but it goes all over the place. The one I've been having feel like 4 knives are being stabbed into me, its so bad I cant move and goes across my abdomen, through my private area and throuch my bum then into my lower back, on the left side and something right across. I went to the doctors about mine and was told its "highly unusual" and given some painkillers. So I have no idea what mine was. But mine did come and go. I had it several times a day then was ok for the rest of the day. But I was left with faint cramping all over my abdomen and a bad back ache.

Go to the docs hun and good luck.

PS Whats diverticulitis?

Old 10-06-2004, 01:50 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Hi -T-

It kind of sounds like you may have a pinched nerve. Did the doctors mention this at all? Usually when it shoots through like that, it's a pinched nerve. At least this is what my doctor told me.

Diverticulitis(actually diverticulum) is a pocket-like opening in the bowel wall, usually in your colon that is caused by a hernia or a weak spot in the bowel. When the diverticulum becomes inflamed, then it is known as diverticulitis. An inflamation of the bowel wall. Hope this helps

Chantel

Old 10-06-2004, 10:03 AM   #8

-T- HB User

Hey Chantel,

Nope they didn't tell me what is was at all. Just that its "highly unusual" whatever that translates to in doctor talk, lol.

I have to see my own doctor......the doctor I seen was a locum and not mine...next week, as she thinks I might have an enlarged liver and spleen due to my Mono. I hope all it is is a pinched nerve

Thanks and take care!

Old 10-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #9

KingofTheThing HB User

i am having similar lower left abdomen pain...could be diverticulitis ...or even god forbid something worse...the best thing to do is get it checked out

Old 10-07-2004, 02:00 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

-T-,

I wish you luck hun. Let us know the outcome okay? Big hugs and take a deep breath. Everything will be okay.

Chantel

Old 10-07-2004, 11:03 AM   #11

-T- HB User

Chantel

Thank you. Good luck to you too!! I'll let you know how it goes. Appointment on Wednesday. Take care.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:37 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi Kray -

This is how my pain started 5 months ago...I went to the OB/gyn - everything looked fine...then the gp - sonograms everything looked fine...colonoscopy - nothing looked abnormal - then upper endoscopy because at this point it moved up into my entire abdomen...mine is definitely related to digestion. At this point though they have found active Epstein Barr virus - I don't know if this is because my immune system is down from the digestive problems or what. Anyway, I did not have diverticulitis. They have found that I am not digesting fructose very well at this point and that I may have bacterial overgrowth in my small intestine.

I am also being tested for Lyme and tick borne coinfections since Lyme can begin as gastro problems. I am having a lot of other symptoms at this point in addition to IBS.

So my advice is to go see a gastroenterologist. I hope you get better and don't have to go through all the doctors I have trying to figure all of this out.

Take care,
ncgirl88

Old 10-08-2004, 06:03 AM   #13

custom_art HB User

My husband is suffering the same pain. He has been through two cat scans, numerous x-rays and an Endoscopy to no avail. He is now scheduled for a stress test to check the heart. If they ever figure this out we will let you know what they find!

Old 10-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User

i get pain in my lower right abdomen, turns out I have cysts, and maybe Endometriosis

Old 10-20-2004, 01:33 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

-T-

Just wondering how your doctors appointment went? Any news? I went in myself last friday and my doctor thinks I have a bladder infection. Never knew it could hurt so bad. I am still in very bad pain after 5 days and he told me if it didn't get better, to go back in. I guess I'm going back in I thought maybe it could be cysts since I've had that before, but he said he didn't feel anything.

Anyway, let us know how things are going.

Take Care,
Chantel

Closed Thread