It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Constant chest pain for 2 weeks...help!

I know I posted about my "nonspecific" symptoms a few times already, but the chest pain has persevered. And quite honestly, it's really bugging me.

This pain came out of nowhere 2 weeks ago, and has been going strong since. Sometimes the pain is very subtle and bearable, but other times it's horrendous. When it began, it appeared in the middle of my chest, just above my breast area. Even now when I apply light pressure I feel pain there. But anymore it's been migrating everywhere - Sunday morning I woke up and the left side of my chest, as well as my left breast and my inner left shoulder felt as if they were on fire. Monday night and tonight I felt/feel the same sensation, but on the right side.

Half of the time the pain is just general pain, while the other half it is burning pain. This pain does not interfere with my abilities in gym class or with sleep, but it makes me miserable.

I've no history of heart, lung, or mouth problems...unless bronchitis counts. I'm on birth control and have been for six weeks if that helps at all.

Should I be concerned about this sudden fit of chest pain?

My mom doesn't seem to want to get me medical attention because, according to her, if I come in complaining of chest pain, all they will do is perform an EKG (ECG) and send me on my merry ol' way. That's why I've had to resort to making an appointment with Family Planning to try and diagnose my problems even a tiny bit (see if they're Pill-related)

Wish me luck, or at least some morphine.

Dark Stranger - experiencing chest pain as she types

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 07:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Constant chest pain for 2 weeks...help!

Are you drinking any of the diet drinks for losing weight? If so, you may be allergic to some of the ingredients. I had this happen and my stomach was on fire and had severe pain. Stomach was extremely irritated from the Slim Fast I was drinking. My stomach caused pain all the way into my back. Felt like pain was thru and thru.

Have you tried any of the antiacid meds for over acid stomach?

Try eating a large spoonful of smooth peanutbutter before going to bed to give the stomach acid something to work on during the night instead of the stomach lining.

If this does not work, best to see a regular doctor for proper diagnosis.

Soft drinks can cause this problem too, especially if you drink very many. Have you heard the story about "frying and egg by pouring a coke over it"? Think about what the acid in soft drinks do to the stomach lining especially if consumed on an empty stomach.

Last edited by Misty800; 10-12-2004 at 07:05 PM.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

couple quick questions. does the pain shoot more when u take a breath or deep breath and does it feel as though someone is cracking your breast bone with an object?

Old 10-13-2004, 06:53 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley0610
couple quick questions. does the pain shoot more when u take a breath or deep breath and does it feel as though someone is cracking your breast bone with an object?
At first it felt as if someone slugged me in the middle of my chest, but when the pain moves to the sides, it's a constant throbbing or burning. Only once, about 3 weeks ago did I feel actual heart pain for about 10 seconds. But most of the time, I feel only chest pain that I can compare to being punched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie55
Are you drinking any of the diet drinks for losing weight?
Unless Diet Pepsi counts, then no.

Quote:
Have you tried any of the antiacid meds for over acid stomach?
Yep - I've been taking a combination of Pepto-Bismal, Mylanta, and Tums for about a week now when my stomach problems began, but the chest pain is still here.

Don't know if this contributes, but at times my throat feels like its burning, like I just threw up. Or when I clear my throat, it will feel burned and scratchy. Plus, I have a really nasty taste in my mouth.

I have no clue if these relate to my chest pain or not. I'd love to go to the hospital for a complete exam to get to the root of my problems, but my mom doesn't want to take me. When I told her I was feeling nautious, dizzy, had bad headaches and chest pain, she told me I was a hypochondriac.

I'm not one who complains about ailments too much - I'm just worried that if I don't get this checked out it'll turn out to be something serious.

Dark Stranger

Closed Thread