It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2004, 06:10 AM   #1

maggiemay1958 HB User
Unhappy pain the day after drinking alcohol.

Hi i am wondering if anybody has had the same as me.When i drink alcohol (larger) Its fine when i am drinking but the day after its starts paining .now and again i get pains in my stomach on my right hand side.it comes and goes Does anybody else suffer with this Imust admit my husband says i drink a lot for a women.When i go out i can drink 7/10 pints i know this is self inflicted. but i am getting worried now.Iam 47 yrs old.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: pain the day after drinking alcohol.

If you drink alot and have for a long time, you might want to get your liver checked out. These symptoms are need for come medical help. By the way, if drinking causes you pain, why do you do it?? Just wondering?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2004, 11:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bharkins HB User

Your husband is right, that is alot of beer for anyone, not only a woman. Flintrock is also right, if it causes pain, why do you continue to do it?

It could be just gas pockets, but you should definitely get yourself checked by a doctor. Also, you may have an alcohol problem. There is help out there if you need it. Best of luck.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:53 AM   #4

maggiemay1958 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintrock
If you drink alot and have for a long time, you might want to get your liver checked out. These symptoms are need for come medical help. By the way, if drinking causes you pain, why do you do it?? Just wondering?
Thanks for the info. But what will it involve having my liver checked out? You have got me worried know.Idrink only at weekends. Ihave had a really bad ubringing with my parents.Idont know weather this has anything to do with it.And i dont have any hobbies or anything I am going to start taking driving lessons. Thanks once again for giving me advice.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

checking for liver damage is pretty simple.The doc just takes a blood sample and then will check for any raises in your liver enzymes.It just takes a couple of days to get the results.this really should be checked out and also, you need to take a hard look at your drinking and if this is a real issue.if drinking causes all these problems for you and you are still doing it, i would be a bit worried about a possible alcohol problem.when something we do causes pain in our body it is usually your bodys way of telling us to stop whatever is causing this to occur.If we do not head that "warning" we could be causing more harm.Go have the test and discuss the alcohol situation with him or her.Good luck to you and please keep us posted,K?Marcia

Old 11-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #6
(female)

alltaurus HB User

I knew someone who had that happen and it was the pancreas (sp). They were told they HAD to stop or it was fatal. I would go to a doc!!!

Closed Thread