It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #1
(female)

xmerkatx HB User
Unhappy psycho./emotional pain causing lack of sleep

I wasn't too sure where to post this, I could see where it'd go under grief/loss, depression, and mental health. Anyway, I'm just looking for tips for relief, helping sleep come easier. I just went through a nasty breakup a few days ago...I think I'm handling it pretty well, trying to just keep busy, doing things I like to do, talking to friends...however, night comes, everyone goes to bed, and I'm still up, I just start getting really depressed and cannot even bear to go to bed which doesn't matter too much because I'm not that tired anyway even though it'll be 3, 4...5 AM and all I can do is think about my ex. And if I go to bed, I lay there completely sad for an hour or two and then just have a restless sleep.

A counselor isn't an option for me right now, but I think as soon as I get back to having benefits/insurance it'll be a good idea, no matter how far from this breakup it is. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on easing my mind this late at night, and making sleep come more comfortably/easily/welcoming? The sleep problems are torture itself, making it less easier to heal at all.

Old 11-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
(female)

trimmery HB User
Re: psycho./emotional pain causing lack of sleep

The same thing happened to me when I went through a bad break up. Just keep doing what you are doing, talking with friends and keeping busy. I had many restless nights and was very exhausted. I wrote my feelings down in a journal when I couldnt sleep at night. I also cleaned like crazy in the middle of the nite too. Just give it time and it will all heal. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread