It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2004, 09:06 PM   #1

Sapphire5114 HB User
Skin irritation and question-please help

I'm new here and found this site through google. I've tried talking to other people about this and have not found any answers and I'd like to know if what I have warrants a trip to the MD. On my leg I have these bumps, they're small and sometimes red and they itch on occasion. They started out on my knee and have been there for a while, sometimes I can pick them off and they are like little bumps of skin and my razor will snag over a couple when I shave. I'm a little concerned about what this could be an wonder if anyone knows what this is and if I can treat this with something OTC. Also I noticed tonight that I have red ones on my actual leg, like on the shin bone area. If anyone has some tips or knows what this may be please respond. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: Skin irritation and question-please help

It could be folliculitis from shaving. I ended up with it all over both of my legs, with tons of bumps and horrible itching so bad I was scratching through my skin. Try not shaving for a while and use an over the counter hydrocortisone cream to try to get rid of the irritation. If that doesn't work, a dermatologist can prescribe a stronger (and I think different) cream. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread