It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 03:53 AM   #1

shorty_girly HB User
Unhappy dont really know

hopefully, some of you can help me.
from time to time, for the past three years, i get really down, upset, angry and frustrated about certain things in my life. i cry alot, lose weight, my self esteem doesnt exist, my education suffers.
im very good at hiding my feelings, so no one really notices any change in my behaviour when i start feeling like this.
but in the inside, some things eat away at me.
i have had suicidal tendencies in the past during my early teens.last year, i had a nervous breakdown, moved out of home, my parents made me go counselling. it helped a little bit.
i have started university. ive started to feel down, and very worthless, like im nothing and dont deserve to be where i am.
the way i am feeling- is thisn serious? or is it me being silly and i should grow up?
i dont feel like this all the time, but when i do, it affects me badly in my mind.
when i dont feel like this, i am very happy and confident.
but something always happens to being me down...

Old 11-15-2004, 04:19 AM   #2
Veteran

bluetooth HB User
Re: dont really know

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty_girly
hopefully, some of you can help me.
from time to time, for the past three years, i get really down, upset, angry and frustrated about certain things in my life. i cry alot, lose weight, my self esteem doesnt exist, my education suffers.
im very good at hiding my feelings, so no one really notices any change in my behaviour when i start feeling like this.
but in the inside, some things eat away at me.
i have had suicidal tendencies in the past during my early teens.last year, i had a nervous breakdown, moved out of home, my parents made me go counselling. it helped a little bit.
i have started university. ive started to feel down, and very worthless, like im nothing and dont deserve to be where i am.
the way i am feeling- is thisn serious? or is it me being silly and i should grow up?
i dont feel like this all the time, but when i do, it affects me badly in my mind.
when i dont feel like this, i am very happy and confident.
but something always happens to being me down...
sounds exactly like what i go through, i.e depression, you're not being silly at all. you cant help how you feel. theres plently of support around i.e you've been to counselling and maybe meds can sort out your moods.
i had a bad spell last night like i was worthless and dont deserve to be alive but i told myself, hey this feeling will pass by tomorrow
you arent alone and maybe that might be some help to you.
some foods can help sort out your moods as well so you feel like "happy" most days such as eating more fatty acids found in fish etc
hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2004, 04:25 AM   #3

shorty_girly HB User

its only from time to time though
its not serious enough to be called depression
sometimes i think about going to the doctors...but what would i tell her?
before i had my nervous breakdown, i went to my previous doctor, told her about my problems and how i feel, obviously see had my medical history infront of her, noting my suicidal tendencies in the past, and i felt as though i wasnt taken seriously. she offered me conselling sessions, after saying that most people felt the way i do, and that if i wanted the sessions, i would have to wait one month.
do i just ride the wave and wait til its over? or is there something i could be doing not to make myself feel like the most horrible person on this planet?

Old 11-15-2004, 05:03 AM   #4

shorty_girly HB User

i dont know if it can be called depression
i feel more angry with myself, frustrated, dont feel worthy, have suicidal thoughts...
ive only just started to feel this way again in a good few months
i hope itll wear off...

Old 11-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #5
Inactive

yanra HB User

I believe depression can be cyclic. I guess it depends on how much time you're w/o this depression then.
I was told if you find this depression lasts for six straight months, best to talk to your PCP and maybe try some low dose medication.
My depression showed up as crying spells (for ridiculous reasons), paranoia, isolation from people, anger, suicidal thoughts, low self-esteem, anxiousness and starting fights with hubby. And I was not able to control it. That's when I sought help.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:04 AM   #6

shorty_girly HB User

yes, yanra, i can relate to you...
i get scared sometimes as well

Old 11-15-2004, 11:20 AM   #7
Veteran

bluetooth HB User

i dont feel depressed ALL the time but it comes in cycles
i get the worst of it, anxiety, terrible paranoia, mood swings, low self esteem, low dose meds can really help

Closed Thread