It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 04:31 PM   #1

friendster1 HB User
Been throwing up and ligth headed during workout

I have a personal trainer. And one day I had to do this excercise in my fastest time. I usually do it in 45 minutes. That day I did it in 35 minutes. Mind you I also ran a mile before it. As soon as I was done I felt real sick and threw up. I still felt like I was gonna throw up again but never did. The week went by and I felt fine, just a littel dehydrated. A week goes by and I see my trainer again. Again, I run a mile and begin lifting weights, within 5 mintues I feel light headed and like I am gonna puke again. I stop and go to the bathroom, but never do throw up. I took a week off now to try to get myself back together. Why do you guys think that I am like this. Dehydration? or what. I forgot to mention the day I threw up the first time I hate a huge snadwich in the car there. And the next week when I felt like I was gonna throw up I ate 2 bannanas on the way there. Could it be from eating?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
Re: Been throwing up and ligth headed during workout

I just read in a magazine that vomiting is sometimes a common reaction to working out if you're not used to it, or pushing it too hard.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

I would say it's definitely from eating! It is also bad for the heart to work out after eating - eat very light about an hour before and take a bottle of water with you.

Old 11-17-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
(female)

Njank HB User

I agree it is from eating. I would try having something to eat like an hour before you work out to help take the edge off if you feel hungry. I bet it is also from pushing too hard and not drikning enough. Did you try asking your traner what he/she thought it may be from. Maybe you should try taking vitamins if you dont already to help replenish what you are loosing from exercising and to keep your immune system strong.
Sometimes you have to try different things before you find what works best for you.

Closed Thread