It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 06:43 AM   #1

KROARK HB User
Question New To Board Please Help

I am new to this board. I logged on this morning to try to get some help for my poor husband. He is currently really sick with something. The main problem is every morning he wakes up coughing, he says it feels like liquid is draining down his neck when he stands up out of bed, in turn this makes him sick to his stomach and he throws up almost every morning (usually just phlegm). He has this all year round, seems to get worse when weather gets colder. Has taken antibiotics several rounds before always comes back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (Dont know if this would mean anything or not when he was a child he suffered from asthma and had 7 cases of severe pneumonia) Thank you so much for any help.

Old 11-18-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: New To Board Please Help

Most likely your husband has allergies to something almost year round. Try irrigating sinuses morning and night with salt solution. I make my own, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 t. baking soda, 1 c. boiled water. Strain thru paper coffee filter, fill clean nasal spray bottles. To use after it is cool, lie on back, hang head off bed and "squirt" few times into each nostril. Turn head to each side, remain there for little bit sniffing real good. Say "kkkkkk" while getting up to prevent solution from draining down throat. Gently blow nose. This will gradually drain out bringing gunk from sinus cavities.

More than likely your husband has a touch of sinusitis all the time. Keeping the junk cleaned out will avoid sinus infections.

I personally take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon plain Robitussin before bed when I have a lot of drainage. Robitussin keeps mucous in throat thinnined during the night avoiding a sore throat from sinus drainage. Peditrician had me to give Robitussin to our children and I decided if it worked for them it should work for me and it did.

Elevating head of bed or sleeping on stack of pillows will help keep post nasal drip from collecting and causing misery next morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread