It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2004, 12:23 AM   #1

Kite HB User
Question Whiter Teeth ??

Im not sure if this is really a 'health' question but there isnt really anywhere else to ask so.. I want to whiten my teeth a little but the only thing I could find was this gel that I got but its no good. You need to wear this mouth guard thing with gel in it that really doesnt fit my teeth also it takes about 40 minutes every day for a month which would be hard to stick to. Ive heard there are many different types but I really dont know what to look for, does anyone have any advice for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2004, 01:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Whiter Teeth ??

a lot could depend on the brand you choose. I have been unable to use the strips and haven't tried the gel products with the cups you put over your top and bottom teeth. I get sore and my teeth become very sensitive. You can try the brush on kind from Crest that you leave on overnight, or the strips. I just use a whitening toothpaste right now. I used to use Targon.It is a mouthwash you use prior to brushing your teeth, you can try that too. I think it works well, though you won't get the drastic change. I suggest going to a drug store or something and just reading all the labels of all the brands and types of kits to see what you think will work best. If you get it home and it hurts or doesn't work b/c of the kind, you CAN return it. So, keep the receipt and original box.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2004, 02:21 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

junglemonkey HB User

Crest whitestrips.

I used them for about 3 days and noticed a big difference. If you can tolerate it for an hour a day, you're well on your road to white teeth. I stopped because I was getting pains. You can get them off Amazon if you don't live in the US.

Remember, everyone has natural variation in their tooth colour and these things mainly only remove staining. My teeth are quiet yellowish but I brush them religiously twice a day and they're clean, but just naturally not white. It is only society that deems you should have white teeth (This came from a dentist telling me!)

Old 11-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #4

Kite HB User

The thing I have problems with is I feel like I cant swallow and my mouth just gets full of saliva. I donno Im realyl weird about putting things in my mouth, I thought there would be some kind of one time thing like on Friends lol... guess you cant believe everything you see on tv.

Last edited by Kite; 11-20-2004 at 01:14 PM.

Old 11-20-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

junglemonkey HB User

You can get it done at your dentist but you'll pay more and you'll still have to wear a tray, the difference being that the tray will be moulded especially for you and the gel will have better contact with your teeth.

I think it would be the US Amazon site you'd have to go to. They're only available in America as far as I know.

Kite, when I first tried the strips I was the same, unable to wear them but you just have to persist. You eventually learn how to swallow etc with them in! They're really the best option for someone who doesn't want to pay a fortune at the dentist for it!

Last edited by junglemonkey; 11-20-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #6
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User

Rembrandt Whitening Plus toothpaste works wonders. i used it one night and then the next morning and i could tell a difference. It doesn't taste very good so i brushed with it and then my regular toothpaste. good luck!

Old 11-20-2004, 10:27 PM   #7

Kite HB User

Really? Ive been using pearldrops whitening toothpaste for about 6 months and its very little difference :/ I keep using it though because it tastes good. Do you have any advice for swallowing with the strips?

Closed Thread