It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

Abrie25 HB User
Question Constant headaches, sinustitis, muscle soreness and other symptoms I need ANY advice.

Im a 25 yr old female and I have had constant mild to severe headaches for almost half a year now and this is accompanied by what i think is a sinus infection.. I keep having to bring up mucus from inbetween my nose and mouth and cannot get rid of this. A couple of months ago i went to the ER (I have NO insurance )for this reason along with extreme fatigue, stomache problems and major dizziness and thirst. When i got there he realized i had swolen lymphnodes which i didnt even know about. I explained the problem and he put me on antiobiotics and basicly kicked me out, but told me to follow up with a certain doctor , this doctor was for humana patients and i called to ask for a local clinic but they gave me nothing so i researched and found clinics far away from me. They did not help much either. Now, several months later and my sinus's are still horrible, sometimes when i talk my mucus will sort of get cought b/c its really thick or i find myself having to bring it up all the time and it will be brownish and thick...this only happens on occasion. I have allergies to my cats but i dont know if that is what coudl be causing all this bc im like this day in and day out wherevr i go ...i also have bad eye watering and itching along with a slight burning sensation. The other thing is very sore muscles and my lower stomache , just above the uterus, always feels tender and mildly hurts...i cannot tell if this is gas or bowel problems bc its accompanied by bowel moevements sometimes (sooner or later ...i get constipated a lot ) but not all the time , sometimes it just happens and i dont have to go to the br , it practically always there! I am really worried for myself and i feel like something is wrong and is only goingt oget worse. Every day is practically miserabel for me but i bare it b/c i have to ...im in the middle of tryingt o get medicaid but i have no kids ...so i dont knwo if they will go through....IF not maybe primary care of florida can do something else but right now i feel like i coudl be doing serious harm to my body . Im always dizzy have stomach problems , tenderness , fatigue when i shodulnt, extreme muscle soreness and now i have gained about 7 pounds b/c i cant exercise hardly anything without feeling miserable and ive noticied that my hair is getting thinner. Ive also accumulated VERY dark undereye circles , i itch all the time, and i have worse skin, a lot of dry spots. Could it be a thyroiid problem ? ?? Should i go to the ER and demand blood tests and if so , what kinds ? I had MONO about a yr ago and sometimes feel like i still have it, things have just been downhill ever since...I cant believe im functioning,im always in pain, im always irritable, and every day is a blur, it just goes by...i want my life back

Last edited by Abrie25; 11-20-2004 at 06:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2004, 09:40 AM   #2

th72 HB User
Re: constant mild headaches and other symptoms

yikes, I'm sorry you are so miserable. perhaps you could try going to a good chriopracter? I know it may sound silly, but they can help cure lots of things (like headaches and upset tummies). I'd recommend you at least give it a shot.

good luck!!

--tara

Old 11-24-2004, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

Poo2 HB User

I don't know about the headaches, are you under any stress that may be the cause of them? Where are they located?

The symptoms that you had when you went to the ER almost sound kind of like a viral infection like the flu. Antibiotics are not used to treat this. You said that now you have thick brown mucous? This is an infection that should be looked at and treated with a antibiotic. Normal mucous is NOT this color!!

The eye watering and itching sounds like a allergic reaction like to your cats. My husband has allergies, and his has been bothering him when ever he goes ANYWHERE.

The sore muscles and stomach ache again almost sound like flu like symptoms. How long have these problems been going on? Is ther something that your eating that may be causing the constipation? Are you on any medication? There are some medications that will cause this.

I would get some blood work done and have them check for any infections you may have. It also wouldn't hurt to get your thyroid checked. People do lose their hair with this.

Keep us posted. Okay. Hope you feel better.

Old 11-25-2004, 07:44 PM   #4
(female)

Abrie25 HB User

hi, thankyou for replying with advice. My headaches are mostly in the front of my head by my eyes and sometimes in the back ...i think that means they are sinus headaches? I dont know. I know that mucus is not normally that color and i very well could have had the flu that time at the ER. I know that i have allergies to my cats and its making miserable but if i get rid of them now , ive read everywhere that it really doesnt matter unless i move bc the hair is stuck to everything in the apnt no matter how much i vacume i cant get all of it out or enough to stop the reactions. I am in the middle of trying to get Primary Care as I have no insurance and im hoping i can get some sort of allergy medicine and antibiotics for my sinus problem. The saliva is not always brownish , but sometimes when i wake up in the morning , not to be gross, but i can bring up thick mucus in that color. Can that be caused by allergies or a sinus infection? As for my stomach problems, it does run in the family so I may just have to eat healthier and less heavy. And my sore muscles have been lasting longer than i can remember ....ever sincei had mono almost a yr ago, i kept having problems, its like it killed my ability to fight off any infection... i must have a very weak immune system right now. Im just feeling so miserable and im in the middle of an internship trying to get out of school and get a job. I hope primary care will help me....ive heard bad things but that may not be always true for everyone.

Last edited by Abrie25; 11-25-2004 at 07:47 PM.

Closed Thread