It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2004, 11:23 PM   #1

Cyber0066 HB User
What is this? Woke up shaking

This is the first time this has happened. I was sleeping and woke up in the middle of the night shaking (as if it was cold). At first when I noticed myself shaking, I pulled the blanket over me and huddled in it to warm myself up, but I still condinuted to tremble. This happened for about 5-10 minutes before I slowly calmed down and fell back asleep.

I did some preliminary research and this seems to be a symptom for anxiety. I don't believe it's that. I'm not really stressed out about anything lately.

Any idea what this is?

Last edited by Cyber0066; 11-21-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: What is this? Woke up shaking

It could have also been your blood sugar crashing.did you eat something that contained sugar before you went to bed?just a possibility.you do not have to actually have diabetes to suffer from blood sugar fluctuations.I have blood sugar reactions that are pretty profound if I eat something(like a donut or highly sugary cereal?)and I don't eat anything else for a few hours.My blood sugar will just all of the sudden crash and i will get all sweaty and feel rather sick to my stomach,lightheaded and my thinking becomes rather confused.I know that when I first start feeling this that I have to drink some OJ(i always keep some in the fridge just incase)or pop,or eat a candy bar or something and then just lie down for about 15 or 20 min or so and then of course, i have to eat a regular meal.But it always goes away when I eat or drink something that contains sugar.and I am NOT diabetic, just hypoglycemic.This is just one of many other possibilitys.If this happens again, see your doc.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

I always wake up shaking from naps or if I wake up in the middle of the night. Not sure why, but my 16 month old son does it too. Neither of us wake up shaking if we've had our full night's sleep. I think it's just adreneline. It feels like a startle reflex with us.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 11-24-2004, 04:37 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber0066
This is the first time this has happened. I was sleeping and woke up in the middle of the night shaking (as if it was cold). At first when I noticed myself shaking, I pulled the blanket over me and huddled in it to warm myself up, but I still condinuted to tremble. This happened for about 5-10 minutes before I slowly calmed down and fell back asleep.

I did some preliminary research and this seems to be a symptom for anxiety. I don't believe it's that. I'm not really stressed out about anything lately.

Any idea what this is?

Hi Cyber

I have panic/anxiety attacks and from what you explained, it doesn't sound like this at all. You may have had a frighting dream or woke up to a loud noise that you cannot remember. It seems like your body got scared. When this happens, adrenaline kicks in and sometimes shaking occurs.

Of course, I am not a doctor, so if it continues or you have other symptoms with it, I would talk to your doctor.

I hope you feel better soon

Chantel

Last edited by hanelo4; 11-24-2004 at 04:37 AM.

Old 11-27-2004, 01:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Incubus_Cali HB User

its just a night terror man u woke up from a bad dream u couldnt remember

Old 11-27-2004, 04:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

My late husband had this happen for years, perhaps 15-20 years before he was diagnosed as diabetic. Every time he had his blood sugar tested, his doctor would say that it was a little on the high side, but for all those years we really didn't know there was any relationship between his getting these "shakes" and what he ate. As he aged, his blood sugar got worse. After he got on a diabetic diet, then on oral medication, and finally on insulin, we learned that the symptoms all those years were likely due to blood sugar problems.

Your case may or may not have been related to blood sugar. I'd just caution you to be aware of the possibility and pay attention to what you have eaten, if this should happen again. Familiarize yourself with other symptoms of diabetes, so you'll know if there is something you should bring to your doctor's attention.

Closed Thread