It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 03:58 AM   #1
(male)

hothormones HB User
Bad Breath

This is kind of stupid but here goes, because I have braces I have really bad breath, I worry that when I want to kiss a girl I will kill her from intoxication(lol). I brush my teeth every morning and night and use mouthwash but after half hour or so it gets bad again, I always carry mints with me but their affects ware off after a few minutes. What can I do????

Old 11-25-2004, 11:23 AM   #2
(male)

ineedlotsofhelp HB User
Re: Bad Breath

I've kissed a girl right after eating, they never complained. You shouldn't worry about it. If they don't like it then tell them why, if they like you, I'm sure they'll understand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

There is a possibility that it is NOT the braces that are causing the problem but maybe more of an internal reason?I would see your doc and see what he/she thinks.Marcia

Old 11-27-2004, 10:17 PM   #4
(male)

shyboy HB User

hey bro try btushing ur tounge down real good and the back to were u almost gag that helps me.And maybe food gets stuck in your braces so tahts why u might also have bad breath.When i dont brush my tounge in the morning i have bad breath within like 20-30 min.but always cary ur mint strips and gum works real well also.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

Do you floss? Having braces makes it a little more challenging to floss, but if you get a threader and floss good after each meal, it should help a lot. And my orthodontist had me get a water pik to blast food particles out of my braces before bed each night. I'd think my teeth were clean and the water pik would ALWAYS blast out some food particles.

Closed Thread