It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Veteran

monarchangel HB User
Lack of sleep

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a lightheaded feeling from lack of sleep? I really can't remember the last time I slept through the night, and I feel lightheaded all day long. I mean, I am in bed for eight hours, but I wake up several times and when I get up in the morning, I never feel rested. I thought it had to do with my ears and I saw an ENT who tested my hearing and said I don't have an inner ear problem. Does anyone have any advice on how to get a good night sleep?? Thanks

Old 11-25-2004, 01:54 PM   #2
Veteran

bluetooth HB User
Re: Lack of sleep

good night sleep..

hmm ive always been told to not eat after 8pm at night. to drink warm milk before sleeping. and an hour before sleeping do something relaxing like read a book to unwind. have a hot bath, do exercise during the day (thatll make you tired) and never ever sleep during the day if possible, ive been doing that for about a year and my sleep pattern is disrupted as a result.
theres tons of advice out there, this is just some
hope it helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Incubus_Cali HB User

i always go thru wat ur feeling girl well anyways to help u out go to ur local drug store and get urself melatonin take a pill 3 mg of it rite before the time u wanna go to bed it will make u feel refreshed ur mind will be healthier and u will feel much better. It works great.

Old 12-07-2004, 07:21 PM   #4

bird73 HB User

well i know that if i feel crapy when i go to bed i rub a little bit of " po sum oil" on and it helps. this is a oriental oil and it works great for everthing you can think of. you can find it is herbal stores.

bird73

Old 12-07-2004, 07:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

Bluetooth gave you some of the most commonly heard advice, and I go along with most of it. However, you'll have to see how each works for YOU, as there are definitely individual differences.

One big difference for me is the eating before bed. I find that I can't sleep if I am at all hungry. To sleep better I often have my evening meal late, 9:00 or 10:00 PM. Or if I eat the main meal earlier, say about 6:00, I still have something substantial before retiring. Also, I usually cannot sleep through the night. And if anything wakes me up, (and at my age the bladder seems to do that almost every night regardless of how much or little I drink in the evening) it is almost impossible to get back to sleep again. But on rare occasions I can, but ONLY if I get up and eat something. Maybe a banana, warm milk and a couple of oat bran biscuits, or a dish of peaches and cottage cheese. I am at my ideal weight so I can afford to do that. And I was one of those people who was perpetually underweight in my younger years, between 103 and 107 pounds most of the time until about age 30, even though I tried to gain weight. I don't think I ever went over 118 pounds until after I retired - and I'm 5'5". So maybe my metabolism made me different from most people on this score.

Also for me, I need to avoid anything too stimulating in the evening. No murder mysteries, for example. No lively conversation. If I go to any event where I'm with people in the evening, I can almost guarantee that I won't get to sleep for at least three hours after I get home.

Last edited by Uff-Da!; 12-07-2004 at 08:06 PM.

Old 12-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #6

annarayne HB User

i saw someone mention melatonin. i have insomnia and have had it for a long time. melatonin is something i use but sparingly. this drug causes changes in your brain wave patterns if you take it over a prolonged amount of time, if you do take this advice, try to limit your use of it to eveyr other day or only 2-3 times a week. i was told this by a pharmacist when i was trying to find something to help with sleep.
lack of sleep will result in light headedness. after a while, it tends to really mess you up. for example; i now get hypnagogic hallucinations.. where i'm stuck between dream and reality.. pretty scary for the first time. so, a good night's rest should always be a priority. i think most of the advice here is pretty good. make sure you're comfortable in the room you sleep in, the bed is appropriate for you, pillow, temperature, etc. make it a very relaxing and calming atmosphere... i hear frying pan's work real nice too

Closed Thread