It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Lack of Energy

I am a fairly young man, around the high school/college age to be vague here. My problem is, I am able to sleep way too much and still be dead tired the rest of the day. I can sleep 7 hours or I can sleep 13 hours, regardless, I am still as dead as when I went to sleep. I can easily come home from school every day and take a nap, and sometimes I do. While it helps me stay up later to do work, it doesn't help anything in the long run. I can go to bed around 11 at night and if its a weekend, without even knowing it, sleep straight in until 2 pm. I really don't like it, I sleep away my day and have little time to do much else. I play sports and can get into it if needed but I'm never usually jumping with energy. Can anyone recommend any solutions to my problem?

EDIT: I can set my alarm to wakeup, sure, but I don't have the will power to actually get up unless its somewhere I have to be. I just press snooze and decide im too tired to get up and sleep til I naturally wake up.

Last edited by toaskornottoask; 11-27-2004 at 11:58 PM.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:38 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User
Re: Lack of Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaskornottoask
I am a fairly young man, around the high school/college age to be vague here. My problem is, I am able to sleep way too much and still be dead tired the rest of the day. I can sleep 7 hours or I can sleep 13 hours, regardless, I am still as dead as when I went to sleep. I can easily come home from school every day and take a nap, and sometimes I do. While it helps me stay up later to do work, it doesn't help anything in the long run. I can go to bed around 11 at night and if its a weekend, without even knowing it, sleep straight in until 2 pm. I really don't like it, I sleep away my day and have little time to do much else. I play sports and can get into it if needed but I'm never usually jumping with energy. Can anyone recommend any solutions to my problem?

EDIT: I can set my alarm to wakeup, sure, but I don't have the will power to actually get up unless its somewhere I have to be. I just press snooze and decide im too tired to get up and sleep til I naturally wake up.

Hi there

I am sorry you are going through this tired time right now. Have you ever had your thyroid checked? The reason I say this is because before I ever found out I had low thyroid levels, I felt exactly like you do now. I would do the same thing as you. Set the clock to wake up and then just sleep some more because I was still really tired. I've missed dozens of doctors appointments because of this.

The only other things I can think off right off the back are mono, the flu, or depression. I'm not a doctor, but many of your symptoms point to low thyroid levels. You should talk to your doctor and see if you can get it checked.

P.S.- Do you ever feel really cold?
Chantel

Last edited by hanelo4; 11-28-2004 at 12:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 12:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User

I don't think im depressed, I have good stuff going for me right now. Stressed out maybe but i dont think depressed. I also just got over a bad cold but this has been going on longer than the cold for sure. And no, I am not usually cold, in fact, i am ALWAYS hot, i love the cold way more than everyone else. I can only stand to be in a hottub for a few minutes before i get way too hot.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:50 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaskornottoask
I don't think im depressed, I have good stuff going for me right now. Stressed out maybe but i dont think depressed. I also just got over a bad cold but this has been going on longer than the cold for sure. And no, I am not usually cold, in fact, i am ALWAYS hot, i love the cold way more than everyone else. I can only stand to be in a hottub for a few minutes before i get way too hot.

I would go get checked out with your doctor. I'm sure it is just a simple thing that can be fixed up. Let us know what you do and good luck

Chantel

Closed Thread