It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 05:10 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Question about diseases that "may show no symptoms"

I've been looking around the internet for sources pertaining to particular ailments that I think I may have. And some of the places where I found my information included this as a concluding note: "Sometimes there may be no symptoms".

I assume that if a person can have a disease but no symptoms, then perhaps they could have one or two symptoms present and have it?

Suppose you're wondering why I ask. Well, I, as well as others who have replied to my past posts, conclude that I may have gastritis. I used to have a burning pain in my stomach, but now it comes only when I do not eat (it never did that at this time about 4 months ago). I also have a bit of lower abdominal pressure as well as chest tightness and pain. I had very bad gas some time ago for three days, which would be on and off for a week following that three-day period.

I was put on Prevacid, and it seemed to help...but my chest pain has sadly returned, as well as lower back pain, which I assume is gas pain (located in my tailbone or buttocks region...sorry to be graphic).

I'm also convinced about this strange diversity of vaginal discharges I've been having for the past couple of months; it varies from a normal conistency to very watery to very thick, to the point where it comes out in chunks. And the color varies from white to off-white to yellow to tan.

Some suggest yeast infection, some suggest bacterial vaginosis...heck it could be a cervical problem too O.o

Sooooooooooo...forgetting all that mess, here's my actual question:

When dealing with a disease that may show no symptoms, is it possible to have 1-2 symptoms and still have it??

Dark Stranger - sick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 PM   #2
Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User
Re: Question about diseases that "may show no symptoms"

It's very possible!
I'd assume you've already gone to your doctor and had blood, swab and all sorts of tests done?

I have herpes and i didnt show any symptoms till last month. And im convinced i've had it for over 2 years! W/no symptoms, go figure!

But yes it is possible! good luck getting it solved!

Closed Thread